Which Laptop?

And if anybody has experience of Asus laptops, tell me about them...!

My ASUS EEEPC works fine and I am extremely pleased with the machine and its quality.

the sound on my tosh u400 is good - its loud and clear. my cousin has a HP dV6910 (i think) and that has better sound - the HP he has is actually more of a multimedia machine where as the U400 isn't, however the satalite range of u400 is better.

if you want to test sound just pop in to staples or pcworld and ask them that you want to check the sound...;-)

overall the tosh u400 is pretty good for what we will be using it for

Thanks Dave and KK for the comments.

One more qustion though, for the pair of you... When you watch a movie etc, how decent/clear is the sound...? That is, IMHO, when you really notice what the sound is like... Sorry to be a pain in the arse!!! ;)

no probs mate...

i just checked sound on my tosh u400 on a DVD and i must admit its not all that great, i had a Mr Bean's Holiday dvd at hand so just checked it on that, its ok but not very good if you want to use ure lappy as a multimedia machine. sound when streaming from youtube seems better than sound from dvd.....maybe its the dvd

no probs mate...

i just checked sound on my tosh u400 on a DVD and i must admit its not all that great, i had a Mr Bean's Holiday dvd at hand so just checked it on that, its ok but not very good if you want to use ure lappy as a multimedia machine. sound when streaming from youtube seems better than sound from dvd.....maybe its the dvd

Cheers for that KK, appreciate it. :drink:

Back