Which is the best Antivirus program too use ?

dgc808

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone can suggest a decent Antivirus program ? I am looking to install some new Antivirus software on my Mams PC. But the McAfee I aquired (2007) wont update properly & the AVG Free one wont work either ! Any suggestions ? preferably free Antivirus ?

Cheers DGC808

Nod 32 for me too .I've tried just about everyone out there and this has never let me down and doesn't hog resources on the pc.And its free (If you know were to look) lol

kaspersky = picks up ones that nod32 doesnt and vice versa, slower scanning, more resource hungry

nod32 = fast scanning, less resource hungry, shall i go on?

Bitdefender total security 2009 is the best to me it has allot of additional tools to help your pc works correctly and it has been rated #1 as the best AV for 2008-2009.

McAfee for me, has been for years, never had a virus and more than happy to pay the costs for a decent AV prog, you'll never go wrong with McAfee.

Cheers

Tony

definitely use Avast Antivirus Home edition, I've used it for a year now and have had absoloutlely no slow downs, viruses, or spyware... its amazing.. and free :D

AVG all the way...free and auto updates (if set to do so).

For removal of malware...its gotta be Malwarebytes Antimalware...

Saves me everytime
ditto
add winpatrol (free) and the set is complete. winpatrol protects from outgoing nasties and with windows firewall is very secure. winpatrol is less off a nag than others.

trend micro pc cillin for me no hassle easy commands the rest are to complicated espesh kaspersky and nod 32 you have to manually let everything in and out proper headache ?

Can you be botherd to except evey site you visit roobarb :proud:

ok if your computer nerd are in a company but not for the every day user

I am using Kaspersky Anti Visus 7.0
It is working fine for me, and I love KAV since many years ago!!!

Same here used KAV for years now just reset trial key every 30 days and keeps on running & running. Run this on all my PC's and the laptop and does good on them all. KAV ALL THE WAY :Clap:

Nod 32 for me as well ive used nearly every anti virus software out there & this seems to be definately 1 of the best but its all up to personel preference i suppose ;)

Nod 32 for me as well ive used nearly every anti virus software out there & this seems to be definately 1 of the best but its all up to personel preference i suppose ;)

I had problems with above sing vista but AVG 8 Free works fine or try ZonAlarm I believe it is not free with anitivirus.

Hi

Over the years used quite a few but seem to have settled on a few.

AVG, Avast or Nod32

Not as resource hungry as others do the business in the background without much notice.

Any one out of the 3 in particular Avast.

Regards

Back