which is best newsgroup ?

Its very good for picking off the odd single files but then you can grab the single files from newzbin anyway. binsearch is really just an extra string to your bow if you know what I mean but on occassion that extra string has been the one thats needed ;) lol

http://www.binsearch.info/

Giganews is actually doing the diamond service which is unlimited+ssl on a special offer at the mo for $19.99 (£9.93). This is only for the first month though then it rises to $29.99 (£14.89).

Absolutely no way would I pay £14.89/month when I can get it for less than half that at Ngroups, 100 day retention suits me, I aint gonna double my costs to get 200 day retention. Ngroups also has free SSL. Personal choice again.

Absolutely no way would I pay £14.89/month when I can get it for less than half that at Ngroups, 100 day retention suits me, I aint gonna double my costs to get 200 day retention. Ngroups also has free SSL. Personal choice again.

LOL... thats fair enough mate. As with so much of things here it all comes down to personal preference just like you said. will65mcmanus was using newsdemon before and I believe the equivelent service level for newsdemon was just over £11 per month anyway and its obviously not providing him with the speed/service he would like or else he wouldn't be looking elsewhere which is why I guess he asked for our opinions. All we can do is provide those opinions and you just know when that happens not everyone will agree ;) lol

All we can do is provide those opinions and you just know when that happens not everyone will agree ;) lol

Oh I aint dissagreeing with you...Giganews is the best, of that I have no doubt.
I just don't like their prices, I guess its like cars, I could buy a Porsche but it will only take me to work the same route as my Laguna and my Laguna is much cheaper to run and does the same legal speed down the motorway as a Porsche.
btw...I couldn't really buy a Porsche :Cheers:

I recently switched from usenetserver to giganews and there alot more reliable, speed is much faster even on 3 connections

200 day retention so all you need to do is sign up at v3.newzbin.com and your ready to rock and roll

GIGANEWS and NEWZBIN nothing can beat them!!

if your just after news games and speed isnt an issue go with usenetserver works out about £22 for 3 months

Oh I aint dissagreeing with you...Giganews is the best, of that I have no doubt.
I just don't like their prices, I guess its like cars, I could buy a Porsche but it will only take me to work the same route as my Laguna and my Laguna is much cheaper to run and does the same legal speed down the motorway as a Porsche.
btw...I couldn't really buy a Porsche

Yeah... no worries... I totally understand the pattern of thought and agree with you... I wouldn't (and couldn't ;) lol) buy a Porsche to take me to work either lol. I guess one of the major issues that we're discussing here is reliability... thats part of the problem will65mcmanus was having newsdemon I think... If I was going to break down on the way to work every day in my Laguna then I might... just might ;) lol consider the Porsche lol.

I recently switched from usenetserver to giganews and there alot more reliable, speed is much faster even on 3 connections

200 day retention so all you need to do is sign up at v3.newzbin.com and your ready to rock and roll

GIGANEWS and NEWZBIN nothing can beat them!!

if your just after news games and speed isnt an issue go with usenetserver works out about £22 for 3 months

Agreed :) ...and reading back to the original post I believe speed is part of the issue ;)

btw...I couldn't really buy a Porsche :Cheers:

i only have a corsa lol

i only have a corsa lol

I only have a focus... but then I have Giganews lol.. and who knows... maybe I could afford a second hand porsche if I weren't paying £14 per month for it.. Giganews that is ;) lol

never have a problem with ngroups , there speeds r great and use both there us and europe servers

tut tut rambo 4 very naughty lol i only use newsgroups for demos lol

I use easynews which is 20gb per month std + extra for filling in a survey every month. It only costs $9.99 (about £5) though and a download manager is necessary to max my connection, but I have never had any problems and would recommend them highly to anyone. They also have a good web based system if you don't like to use newsreaders and a zipmanager with 10 queues so you can add your files to a zip queue and download them as one.

Also if you go for this, bookmark www.easynews.com/global4 for searching as they don't seem to give you a link to this very useful search page.

i have it just not watched it yet ...anyway ive signed up for the diamond on giganews.....thanks for all your comments

never have a problem with ngroups , there speeds r great and use both there us and europe servers

I mainly use giganews-europe... no probs with speed or anything here either... chugs along quite happily at 480kbs and I'm on a 4meg connection :)

so who wants to refer me to giganews and my corsa lol

I'm sure martsmall will do it for you mate and I've no doubt there will be other takers should he not want to do it lol.

i have it just not watched it yet ...anyway ive signed up for the diamond on giganews.....thanks for all your comments

Cool... I dont think you'll regret it to be honest with you mate... hope you used a referral... seems a wasted opportunity for someone to get something back if not lol :)

Last edited:
didnt realise i had a referral shame ive signed up........ive started newsleacher put in the news-europe.giganews.com and port 119 or ssl the prob is it wont connect

didnt realise i had a referral shame ive signed up........ive started newsleacher put in the news-europe.giganews.com and port 119 or ssl the prob is it wont connect

I take it you entered your Giganews username and password in your server properties (assuming newsleacher works like grabit) ... also check with giganews but it might take xx:xx amount of time for your account to become active mate.

ye done all that m8 connect is just idle
ive logged into giganews site i can log on ok but done a speed trace route and that failed yet im surfing fine
i have no firewall im on the verge of canceling this cant be bothered

Last edited:
Back