which is best newsgroup ?

will65mcmanus

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive cancelled with newsdemon simply had enough of there speed issues so can someone please on the best ive heard giganews is fast

ive cancelled with newsdemon simply had enough of there speed issues so can someone please on the best ive heard giganews is fast

I know you want newsgroups mate, but look into RS. Its less than 6 quid a month. And I can point you in the right direction for games. You will max out your connection on RS no problem.

I'm with Giganews. It will max out my 20MB line whenever I want (1.9-2.3MB) on 10 connections. If i drop to 5 connections, I can still get 2MB/sec so I should be reet for when they roll 50MB out lol.

Not too keen on rapidshare, I bought a trial membership thing to download a CD image, only got 2-300ish KB per file.

I'm with Giganews. It will max out my 20MB line whenever I want (1.9-2.3MB) on 10 connections. If i drop to 5 connections, I can still get 2MB/sec so I should be reet for when they roll 50MB out lol.

Not too keen on rapidshare, I bought a trial membership thing to download a CD image, only got 2-300ish KB per file.

I get that on 20 files mate. I guess its down to personal preference. I just find it easier and quicker than newsgroups. I average 500kbs per file.

im thinking of platinum $24.99 but says you have to pay an extra 5 for SSL Encryption w/ 10 bonus connections

does this mean i would be visible if i dont pay

I am not a RS user, don't they have a 25gb 5 day limit.

Ngroups is approx £36 for 6 months unlimited and you will max out. they have a 100 day retention aswell. If you go for them then pay in dollars and you wil save a few £.

I am not a RS user, don't they have a 25gb 5 day limit.

Ngroups is approx £36 for 6 months unlimited and you will max out. they have a 100 day retention aswell. If you go for them then pay in dollars and you wil save a few £.

yeah 25gb in 5 days. But thats plenty for me. Whats the 100 day retention thing please Jaffa. I have noticed that newsgroups are faster for posting. But I get them next day on RS, so not really a problem.

yeah 25gb in 5 days. But thats plenty for me. Whats the 100 day retention thing please Jaffa. I have noticed that newsgroups are faster for posting. But I get them next day on RS, so not really a problem.

100 day retention just means their server will hold the files for 100 days, some others like giganews have about 200 day retention but you will pay for it and some have only a few day retention. 100 days suits me, to be honest I dont really need 100 days. I know lots of people that always use RS but I have always used newsgroups, as you said, just personal preference.

100 day retention just means their server will hold the files for 100 days, some others like giganews have about 200 day retentin but you will pay for it and some have only a few day retention. 100 days suits me, to be honest I dont really need 100 days. I know lots of people that always use RS but I have always used newsgroups, as you said, just personal preference.

Yeah exactly mate, but it might be cool to get a backup. Will look into NGs, when I get back. Cheers for the info.

i have both newsgroups and RS and there isnt alot in them both. if you have a good place for RS links then they are sometimes just as good.

Giganews here :) ....fast as you like, massive retention and ssl. Never ever had a problem with them so haven't ever needed to look elsewhere lol. Giganews is actually doing the diamond service which is unlimited+ssl on a special offer at the mo for $19.99 (£9.93). This is only for the first month though then it rises to $29.99 (£14.89).

If you want to try before you buy mate they'll give you a 3 day free trial so you havent got anything to lose by giving it a go :)

another giganews user here was with newshosting before but most months they had a few hours downtime so moved to giganews & not been down once, i get 18.5 mb without fail & would recommend them 2 every1

Giganews here :) ....fast as you like, massive retention and ssl. Never ever had a problem with them so haven't ever needed to look elsewhere lol. Giganews is actually doing the diamond service which is unlimited+ssl on a special offer at the mo for $19.99 (£9.93). This is only for the first month though then it rises to $29.99 (£14.89).

If you want to try before you buy mate they'll give you a 3 day free trial so you havent got anything to lose by giving it a go :)

im thinking of platinum $24.99 but says you have to pay an extra 5 for SSL Encryption w/ 10 bonus connections

does this mean i would be visible if i dont pay extra $5 on the platinum version ?

another giganews user here was with newshosting before but most months they had a few hours downtime so moved to giganews & not been down once, i get 18.5 mb without fail & would recommend them 2 every1

Send a friend referral martsmall.... if will65mcmanus signs up and stays with them for 90 consecutive days(and lets face it...once you join, you don't leave Giga ;) lol) then you will get a $15 or $20 credit added to your account. You guys may aswell stick together and use the situation to atleast take what is available :)

Send a friend referral martsmall.... if will65mcmanus signs up and stays with them for 90 consecutive days(and lets face it...once you join, you don't leave Giga ;) lol) then you will get a $15 or $20 credit added to your account. You guys may aswell stick together and use the situation to atleast take what is available :)
if he uses newsleecher as a referall he gets free newsleecher with supersearch while he's with giganews

http://www.newsleecher.com/?id=special_gn

does this mean i would be visible if i dont pay extra $5 on the platinum version ?

platinum/diamond they're the same mate when you break it down....there is no difference other than platinum gives you the choice of adding the extra 10 simultaneous connections and ssl for the extra $5 wheres the diamond has these included as standard lol. So basically if you sign up for the premium and pay the extra $5 for the extras you're actually upgrading to the diamond service lol... In which case you may aswell have just signed straight up for diamond from the get-go and took advantage of the $19.99 for the first month offer ;)

if he uses newsleecher as a referall he gets free newsleecher with supersearch while he's with giganews

http://www.newsleecher.com/?id=special_gn

Also true lol... I use grabit as my reader and its free anyway.... don't think I've ever actually used the search facilty as the nzbs are up so fast as a rule lol. On the odd occassion where an nzb may be a little slow in appearing then its equally just as quick to use binsearch lol.

Also true lol... I use grabit as my reader and its free anyway.... don't think I've ever actually used the search facilty as the nzbs are up so fast as a rule lol. On the odd occassion where an nzb may be a little slow in appearing then its equally just as quick to use binsearch lol.
its brillant for getting old of a tvseries a.s.a.p or finding single songs or even odd files

Back