which HD box to buy

plax

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, can someone please recommend a good HD box, read a lot about the freezing issues, is this L3 tuner any good,

Vu+ Duo seems to be one of the most recommended.
Not sure if you've posted in the right forum for this sort of question.
Also Might want to consider narrowing it down a bit, how much, what features you require etc.
Cheers
Wizbit77

Really comes down to a couple of factors.

- What your budget is.
- What features you want.

If your budgets low, i.e: around 150 quid...then you have a choice of Openbox/Solomend/Skybox HD recievers...No frills basic functionality.

Or DM800HD clones, a lot better better fuinctionality than Skybox, better specced box (broadcom CPU etc). Enigma 2 images...probably the biggest support community of any HD reciever. But be prepared to potentially have glitching issues with certain HD channels..this is hit and miss..some people have no issues...others do..

Or theres a whole range of closed source non linux recievers...spiderbox, Blademedia, GGG box etc

- If you got cash to spend i.e: 360 quid plus, then look at ther VU DUO, twin tuner with good support gets decent reviews.

was looking at the hd dreamboxs, looking to spend around £180, just not sure about the hd channel freeze problems which i have been reading about

as long as your dish alignment is good and your cabling is good, it lessens the risk of you having any HD glitch problems.

It is however though still a possibility, the only channel I have glitch issues with on my clone 800HD is Discovery HD, everything else is fine...but I do have a slight alignment issue/LNB issue. This is a SIM 2.01 Based box with Tuner L3.

I dont think theres any better Linux based reciever you can get features and spec wise for the sort of money you want to spend.

Unless you look at closed source non-linux boxes...

Back