VU+ Solo2 WhIch clone do I have?

lockeh

Inactive User
Reaction score
I see there is various clones of the VU solo 2 and wondering if anyone would know a way of which clone you have? I don't mind removing the lid on the box and having a look.

will patched clone software (like sunray) worth with other clone boxes?

I see there is various clones of the VU solo 2 and wondering if anyone would know a way of which clone you have? I don't mind removing the lid on the box and having a look.

will patched clone software (like sunray) worth with other clone boxes?

Take a picture of the Motherboard and we can tell you the manufacturer .

No sunray images are patched differently and may brick other clones.

You have a clone by lourison but no way of telling if it is a v1-v2-v3 or v4 and can install images from here or from vu-HD site for solo 2.

How can I determine which version I have and which clone it is?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi mate I guess the only way is to try images for each version of the box,ensuring of Course they are all vu+ clone safe images for solo2 (Not Sunray images) start at V1 images And go from there..there's not much else you can do..
Mind you if you flash a V1 image and it all works fine maybe just stick with that.

If it's a sunray clone then it will likely have mini usb port on back, along with a sunray hologram sticker and/or even a sticker on top mentioning website dreamoem.

If you have none of them, then chances are it's a lonrison clone as it's most common. As for which version then there is no way of knowing for sure.

As AJT mentioned if you have an image that works fine the easiest thing to do is stick with that otherwise it means you have to look at upgrading flash to v4 which can be problematic some have reported and then using v4 clone safe images only.

If it's a sunray clone then it will likely have mini usb port on back, along with a sunray hologram sticker and/or even a sticker on top mentioning website dreamoem.

If you have none of them, then chances are it's a lonrison clone as it's most common. As for which version then there is no way of knowing for sure.

As AJT mentioned if you have an image that works fine the easiest thing to do is stick with that otherwise it means you have to look at upgrading flash to v4 which can be problematic some have reported and then using v4 clone safe images only.

OK..I managed to get it working using the clone safe Black Hole image 2.0.9. Can you suggest another image I can try as I am not happy as it seems too slow and when I boot it always asks for the update in the window on initial start up..
Thx in advance

You could try this image it works fine for me, vix apollo 15 clone safe

Back