Which Card Help Needed!!!

faisalpandu

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello

looking to set up my pc to watch t.v. I understand that you can use a DVB-C card such as Technotrend t1501 etc to set it up or you can also connect a box to pc via the card. the question is will i be abel to connect cable box via TT 1501 card. and is there a card avilable that will alllow you do both.

cheers

Hello

looking to set up my pc to watch t.v. I understand that you can use a DVB-C card such as Technotrend t1501 etc to set it up or you can also connect a box to pc via the card. the question is will i be abel to connect cable box via TT 1501 card. and is there a card avilable that will alllow you do both.

cheers

if u use a tt1501 there is no need to attach a box to the pc...the card will do it all

But if you want to use both the PC and STB just put a splitter in

if u use a tt1501 there is no need to attach a box to the pc...the card will do it all

i understanf the tt-1501 will do it all but i have heard of audio and video jittering problems and i wanted to also mess abou with connecting STB to card as well to try both connections out. I need a card that will allow me use it as a DVB-C card with softcam or use an STB connected to the card. i do not want to buy two card if it is possible. re-commendations much appreciated

cheers

i understanf the tt-1501 will do it all but i have heard of audio and video jittering problems and i wanted to also mess abou with connecting STB to card as well to try both connections out. I need a card that will allow me use it as a DVB-C card with softcam or use an STB connected to the card. i do not want to buy two card if it is possible. re-commendations much appreciated

cheers

depends what app u want to use i got a floppydtv with hardcam 'cause i use vista mce in my media centre but got a tt2100c in my pc and have used both soft and hardcam with apps like mytheatre - ritzdvb etc but if u want to use a stb you'll need a cheap analogue tv tuner card not a dvb-c.

Last edited:
what is the quality like in your opinion when using a DVB-C card. would you say it is as good as watching from a normal STB hooked up to a t.v

if i buy this card from cpc will i be able to hook up stb to the card

PINNACLE|3010IX|TV CARD, DVB-T, PCI EXPRESS | CPC

the analogue tuner should be ok for the signal for ur stb but everthing i read is that the picture quality is poor, but it may be worth the gamble for that price....

have a read of this

h**p://www.killswtch.net/2008/06/19/alternatives-to-dvb-t-in-the-uk/

h**p://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/data_pvr150mckit.html

how would i hook up the STB through the analogue tuner.

cheerz

Back