Which cable box is best?

Hi all

I am a newbie, I have just bought eurovox max, I am losing certail channels like ITV2 & ITV3 recently, when I rescan they come back and then disapear in a day or two. All other channels work fine...what am I doing wrong and what is the latest image/firmware for this box? (it is a small grey looking one), being a newbie I can not access download area..so where can I download these..

Thanks in advance.

I know the DBox2 can be modded with an IDE for internal HDD. Does this make it better than other choices for the price?

Has anybody done this? Can you then record to the HDD a different channel than the one you are watching. What sort of programming is possible for recording i.e. record a whole series of programmes

Hi all

I am a newbie, I have just bought eurovox max, I am losing certail channels like ITV2 & ITV3 recently, when I rescan they come back and then disapear in a day or two. All other channels work fine...what am I doing wrong and what is the latest image/firmware for this box? (it is a small grey looking one), being a newbie I can not access download area..so where can I download these..

Thanks in advance.

If you go to the config menu on your box you should be able to see what f/w you have loaded. The Euro boxes that came in the Red boxes came with the latest February f/w and the Euro boxes that came in the blue boxes came with the October 2006 f/w.

I started off with a eurovox max no problems what so ever, have since got rid of this to my father still no problems, and have now got a dbox2 which i find very interesting and challenging at the same time having flashed it a few times, got it to record to pc and have had photos on tv. Still so much more to learn though. But the higher end dreamboxs do sound good also.

I am using a loaned Replay Box. Bit new to this so I don't have enough experience to say if this is a good unit or not, but it works well and has a built in HDD for recording.
Trying to find out a bit more about this setup, so interested in this thread
GB

can you get all the channel as we have on virgin box.

id i buy one of them receiver do i get all channels.

can you get all the channel as we have on virgin box.

id i buy one of them receiver do i get all channels.

you'll get all channels yes, apart from the pay per view movies, same as all the box's mate.

I'm Thinking Of Buying A Cable Box, But Not Sure Which Is Best.
Do I Go For Starview, Eurovox Max Or Digivox?
Any Help Would Be Helpfull.
i had a starview and it went down a couple of weeks ago,just bought a eurovox max and works a treat a lot easier than the star view

Anybody know where I could buy a eurovox max from ? I rather buy from a seller that is recommened by someone.

Thanks

gearbox: I have a Replay Box too.

The EPG used to work great when I was in a telewest area and the unit hardly glitched either. Since moving to an NTL area the EPG is now hopeless and the unit does glitch (sometimes).

Is there anything you want to know about this box ?

How does the Starview PVR Box rate in the overall table of boxes? Twin tuner can't be bad for the price

Back