which box to get

Richy-G

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all ,

I'm just a newbie to satellite tv (used to using cable dbox2 though), I've been looking at the dreambox's I don't really want to spend much over £100 on my first box.

What are people's views on the dm600 s compared to the dm500 s ?

As I have read the pq is better on the dm600 and you can install more plugins etc.

I currently have sky in and I'm wanting to keep the current dish to recieve regular uk sky. until I upgrade it to a bigger motorised one.

what do you guys recommend the best way to go is ?

If you can stretch to 140 you can get a Dreambox 800HD clone running Enigma 2 a lot better then E1 Dm500 or 600.

The 600 has more RAM, plug n play swappable tuners and can support PVR and internal hard disk. Suports IDE hard disk though not SATA.

a 600 costs around 80 quid or less for a clone. The Dm500 is a solid little box you wont get better for the same price (50 - 60 quid), but it's a bit limited in terms of epg etc because of the low amount of RAM. A 600 can do 7 day epg etc..if you have a hard drive installed.

Any Dream has very good levels of software support and multiple different images to choose from PLI, Gemini, Nabolosat etc...

I've owned 500, 600 and 800HD clones all have been very good and stable. The 800HD suffers from slight gliches on some HD channels this is cured in most cases with a inline booster..The new rev M tuner apparently fixes this...I havent seen this confirmed 100% yet though. Either way you still wont find a better HD box for the price.

If you can stretch to 140 you can get a Dreambox 800HD clone running Enigma 2 a lot better then E1 Dm500 or 600.

The 600 has more RAM, plug n play swappable tuners and can support PVR and internal hard disk. Suports IDE hard disk though not SATA.

a 600 costs around 80 quid or less for a clone. The Dm500 is a solid little box you wont get better for the same price (50 - 60 quid), but it's a bit limited in terms of epg etc because of the low amount of RAM. A 600 can do 7 day epg etc..if you have a hard drive installed.

Any Dream has very good levels of software support and multiple different images to choose from PLI, Gemini, Nabolosat etc...

I've owned 500, 600 and 800HD clones all have been very good and stable. The 800HD suffers from slight gliches on some HD channels this is cured in most cases with a inline booster..The new rev M tuner apparently fixes this...I havent seen this confirmed 100% yet though. Either way you still wont find a better HD box for the price.
where could i get a 800 hd for £140 mate!

depends on dollar to pound exchange rates send tony at yaoxin an email and see what current prices are at. Also check deal extreme. Maybe 150ish might be closer.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Anyone know whats up with their website? Ordered a DM500s the other day, (dipping my toes into the satellite world see), had a mail to say it had been shipped and that a follow up email would have tracking info. No follow up email and the website is down now. This happen a lot?

Just had a mail from them. Server down at the moment, and me unit is confirmed on its way. I'm a happy bunny again. Good service.

might grab a cheap one of deal extreme in the new year £under£50 for a 500s sounds good:)

might grab a cheap one of deal extreme in the new year £under£50 for a 500s sounds good:)

theyre good clones as well the DMBOX V8 improved sound output and apparently better tuner than some clones,

I have got 2 from there about 8-9 months ago...both working fine no issues.

anyone got an email or phone number for ******* deals as their site still seems down

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know whats up with their website? Ordered a DM500s the other day, (dipping my toes into the satellite world see), had a mail to say it had been shipped and that a follow up email would have tracking info. No follow up email and the website is down now. This happen a lot?

anyone got an email or phone number for ******* as their site still seems down

TIA

I just sent a mail to '' and the guy got back in touch in a matter of minutes mate. He said they are swapping servers over, (hence the downtime).

they are definately swapping servers over, and will be back on today or tommorrow, 8********* is a very trustworthy site, if u have ordered then it will definately get delivered, i ordered a spiderbox for a friend last night from **********, and already been dispatched,

Back