Which AV software Poll

notmeatall3

Inactive User
Reaction score
Seen this posted so many times I thought a poll was needed to finally sort it out.

I use kaspersky because it was half the price of Nod32. Otherwise I was completely split between the two.

I'm worried that same amount of people use norton as kaspersky lol. As for AVG, I used it, and hated it.

And Norton 360? I went to fix someone's printer the other day, and they had this, and it would not stop bugging me every two minutes it would tell me the system was unsecure for some ridiculous reason like they hadn't made a backup in a week or something.

And this women could barely use email and couldnt use a memory stick, she wasnt about to start backing up her system.

I've used Nortons Corporate for 2-3years, but switched to F-Secure Client Security for the past couple of years.
I won't go back to normal home use ones...too much bloat.

Avast for me, best of all its free.

Norton is the worst I had ever used, so demanding of the system (though in all fairness it was about 4 years ago since I last used it).

I am using Virgins' PC guard and it's doing a good job on 3 of my PCs :Clap:

It has built in anti-spyware also, but I run it alongside zonealarm instead.

ive been using AVG for a few years now on performance and non cpu draining it GETS a++ from me but the best antivirus of all is yourself you got to be vigilant and know what NOT to do to end up with a virus!!!

I'm an AVG user!

I used to swear by Norton stuff back many years ago, but now it is just BLOATware more than software which just hogs up the system and turns almost any PC into a 386. I guess it is fine for people who don't worry about stuff or speed.

I prefer to have some control myself and run things when I like and programs that are as 'light' as possible on system usage - something AVG does very nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Kaspersky Internet Security and have been for the last 2 years; no problems with it :)

I do have a problem with virus.gr... Not a fair test IMO. AV-Comparatives is a far more reliable comparison.

Waiting for Kaspersky v8 (2009) to be released now... should be signed off as TR (Technical Release) in a few weeks. Much faster at scanning (although a tad heavier and slower when opening programs IME).

should be signed off as TR (Technical Release) in a few weeks.
Nice one... they signed it off as TR today... a developer mentioned it on Kaspersky's forum a few hours ago :)

Guess it'll still be a few weeks before its officially released, but you can still download the build which will be released from Kaspersky's Beta forum if you cant wait.
I'm going to do it in 3 weeks; too busy at the moment.

I have avast on the desktop and avg on my laptop,I'll have a look at Kaspersky now though never even heard of it before now.

Back