which android tablet out of these two

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
a couple weeks ago i put that i had preorderd a android tablet well a new ones just come out and was wondering which one any of you lot would go for ill put up specs for both and if you could let me know asap i would be much appriciated.

this is the one ive got on preorder?

Huawei S7 Tablet 8GB

Hand-held multimedia device lets you surf the internet, browse pictures and play your favourite videos any time, anywhere
7"" colour full touchscreen
8GB memory built-in. Android 2.1
2MP Camera
Full internet and sociial networking
Google Marketplace and Apps
720p HD video playback
3G and Wi-Fi enabled
Bluetooth 2.1 plus EBD
Micro SD card slot for up to 32GB cards (not included)
Mini USB 2.0 port
Built in speaker and microphone
Email client, Facebook, YouTube

and this is the one whats just come out which im thinking of getting now

Commtiva N700 Tablet
Chipset: Qualcomm MSM7227 600MHz / 256KB L2 Cache
WAN: GSM Quad-band, UMTS Band I, II, VIII
Memory: 512MB RAM + 4GB MicroSD (Up to 32GB Micro SD)
O.S.: Android 2.2 With 2D UI
Display: 7 inch 800 x 480 WVGA Capacitive Multi-Touch
Camera: 3MP AF, EDOF Optics (Back) / VGA (front)
WiFi: 802.11b/g
Bluetooth: 2.1 +EDR
GPS: GPS With AGPS Quickfix
Video/Graphics: 30fps WVGA encode/decode, Quallcomm Adreno, 32M triangles/sec, OpenGL ES v2.0 / Open VG1.1 / SVG Tiny v1.2
Battery: 3240mAh
Misc: Mini USB2.0 / 3.5mm Audio Jack / G-Sensor + E-Compass
Accessories: 2A Charger / USB Cable / Headset / Leather Booklet / Cradle
Multimedia Playback: AAC LC/LTP, AAC+, enhanced AAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, MP3, Midi, OggVorbis, PCM/Wave, JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG, H.264, H.264 AVC, MPEG4-SP, WMA, WMV
Dimension (mm): 179.4 x 110 x 11.5
Weight: 370g

if you could let me know which one is better out of the two asap i would be much apprciated.

a couple weeks ago i put that i had preorderd a android tablet well a new ones just come out and was wondering which one any of you lot would go for ill put up specs for both and if you could let me know asap i would be much appriciated.

this is the one ive got on preorder?

Huawei S7 Tablet 8GB

Hand-held multimedia device lets you surf the internet, browse pictures and play your favourite videos any time, anywhere
7"" colour full touchscreen
8GB memory built-in. Android 2.1
2MP Camera
Full internet and sociial networking
Google Marketplace and Apps
720p HD video playback
3G and Wi-Fi enabled
Bluetooth 2.1 plus EBD
Micro SD card slot for up to 32GB cards (not included)
Mini USB 2.0 port
Built in speaker and microphone
Email client, Facebook, YouTube

and this is the one whats just come out which im thinking of getting now

Commtiva N700 Tablet
Chipset: Qualcomm MSM7227 600MHz / 256KB L2 Cache
WAN: GSM Quad-band, UMTS Band I, II, VIII
Memory: 512MB RAM + 4GB MicroSD (Up to 32GB Micro SD)
O.S.: Android 2.2 With 2D UI
Display: 7 inch 800 x 480 WVGA Capacitive Multi-Touch
Camera: 3MP AF, EDOF Optics (Back) / VGA (front)
WiFi: 802.11b/g
Bluetooth: 2.1 +EDR
GPS: GPS With AGPS Quickfix
Video/Graphics: 30fps WVGA encode/decode, Quallcomm Adreno, 32M triangles/sec, OpenGL ES v2.0 / Open VG1.1 / SVG Tiny v1.2
Battery: 3240mAh
Misc: Mini USB2.0 / 3.5mm Audio Jack / G-Sensor + E-Compass
Accessories: 2A Charger / USB Cable / Headset / Leather Booklet / Cradle
Multimedia Playback: AAC LC/LTP, AAC+, enhanced AAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, MP3, Midi, OggVorbis, PCM/Wave, JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG, H.264, H.264 AVC, MPEG4-SP, WMA, WMV
Dimension (mm): 179.4 x 110 x 11.5
Weight: 370g

if you could let me know which one is better out of the two asap i would be much apprciated.

hi mate me personally id go for the Huawei S7 Tablet 8GB
i like the idea of wifi and 3g , but you seem to get a bit more with the Commtiva N700 Tablet
all down to personal choice , and what you want to use it for mate

Well my main useage for a tablet would be for apps,movies,and possibly some games and youtube.Ive seen loads of vids on the Huawei S7 and it really does look nice but then i saw the N700 come about in my catalog and it did sound nice but if you could point me in the right direction i would be open to all suggestions.As i still have the huwai on preorder but if the other one is better then i would cancel that and order the N700

Im new to android to be honest is android really good for apps and what not lets say apps for flash,movies,multimedia,photo,tv,radio and what sort of games would you think would run on the Huawei S7?

Many thanks for your input and help Biffo

android is a very good OS but you really need a the fastest cpu and a must have is a capacitive screen not a resistive. A resistive screen does not support multi touch so you cannot zoom the screen and would soon regret this

have look on Commtiva n700 - just purchased! - Android @ MoDaCo there is some info from users

edogg

thanks for that edogg intresting read.

hi lads im way over my head here my daughter has asked me a ask you lads about this thing she is looking at the ARNOVA ARCHOS 808" TABLET so first does it mater what the os on them ? is it any good or not for a bugdet tablet and last she want to know if you can use any 3g stick with them thank lads i owe you all tony

ps or done you no of something beter for the same price ?

hi lads im way over my head here my daughter has asked me a ask you lads about this thing she is looking at the ARNOVA ARCHOS 808" TABLET so first does it mater what the os on them ? is it any good or not for a bugdet tablet and last she want to know if you can use any 3g stick with them thank lads i owe you all tony

ps or done you no of something beter for the same price ?

Do you have a link as I can't find that specific model anywhere

android is a very good OS but you really need a the fastest cpu and a must have is a capacitive screen not a resistive. A resistive screen does not support multi touch so you cannot zoom the screen and would soon regret this

have look on Commtiva n700 - just purchased! - Android @ MoDaCo - Page 1.15 there is some info from users

edogg

I have a flytouch with a resistive screen and its just fine for basic use. As I have mentioned before, use your fingernail instead of finger tip.. Multi-touch is useful in very few real life situations.

I do agree about CPU, get 1GHz A8 minimum if you can. Also I would steer clear of anything A7 based, its quiet old and slow.

Out of the tablets mentioned, I would probably go with the Archos.

Back