Which AC/DC album should I buy?

Munkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Last week I caught the end of this on the telly (cheers v14) and it was mental :Clap:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKdu7Y3P7Hs]YouTube - AC/DC - Rocker (Sight and Sound BBC 2, October 27th 1977)[/ame]

I wanted to show the clip to a friend who has also never bought a metal album in his life, and after a bit of searching we found it on youtube. He absolutely loved it and his remarks were along the lines of 'damn that the white James Brown, he ain't singing he's screaming'

So which album should I buy? I'm a rock n00b and would love to listen to more of this genre.

All of them, although my favorites are Powerage, Highway to Hell and Back in Black(even without Bon Scott)

Dirty deeds, highway to hell and back in black, all classics, buy them all and be converted

iron man 2 soundtrack, it is a compilation album. pretty good too.

You might also like wolfmother, their first album is ridiculously good. heavily inspired by classics.

If you're looking for similar types of rock try Jet, a very good AC/DC soundalike, nice strong hooks/riffs, highly under rated, but dirty deeds is a must

Back in black.. All the way, awsome album.. Can't knock the others though... Love ac dc :)

Here's Dirty Deeds, i'll add a few more but will take a while as it's raining here and my internet always goes dodgy when it rains lol

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

iron man 2 soundtrack, it is a compilation album. pretty good too.

You might also like wolfmother, their first album is ridiculously good. heavily inspired by classics.

I've checked out Wolfmother and enjoyed that, I didn't know it was inspired by the older classics though.

I have most of AC/DC's albums if you want me to upload a few for you :)

That's very nice of you but I think I'll cough up some money and buy the Back in Black CD.

What about any good gig DVD's? I wouldn't mind seeing some of their live stuff.

No dvds sorry, i have two live cds, AC/DC Live and AC/DC Live in Madrid. I'm halfway through uploading Back in Black for you lol, so it's there if you want it :)

I'm halfway through uploading Back in Black for you lol, so it's there if you want it :)

That's eva's passive-aggressive way of saying you better dl this now that I've already up'd it for you lol ;)

By the way Highway To Hell - that is an excellent song.

lol i don't care if he downloads it or not, there's only ten d/ls on it anyway cos it's a free rapidshare account, if he doesn't want it i'm sure someone else will :)

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Of course I'm downloading it, Munkey never say's no to good free stuff. :Cheers:

You won't go wrong with Highway to Hell or Back in Black. Can't say i've heard a bad AC/DC album.

thebigman

Welcome to the best rock'n'roll band this side of the Nagasaki scorchmark.

All of their albums are worth a listen, but I would recommend these first:

Highway To Hell
If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
Let There Be Rock

Bon Scott edges it slightly over Brian Johnson for me, but Brian is still a decent frontman.

Last week I caught the end of this on the telly (cheers v14) and it was mental :Clap:

YouTube - AC/DC - Rocker (Sight and Sound BBC 2, October 27th 1977)

I wanted to show the clip to a friend who has also never bought a metal album in his life, and after a bit of searching we found it on youtube. He absolutely loved it and his remarks were along the lines of 'damn that the white James Brown, he ain't singing he's screaming'

So which album should I buy? I'm a rock n00b and would love to listen to more of this genre.

Look at the tw4t at 2 minutes in, sat in the middle of the audiance giving himself a head rush.

:)

Back in Black, its what all 100% beef men listen to.

That and Kylie that is.
lol, they were the two 1st albums I ever owned! Both on tape btw.

Kylie - I Should Be So Lucky and AC/DC - Back In Black.

You won't go wrong with Highway to Hell or Back in Black. Can't say i've heard a bad AC/DC album.

thebigman

Come on man, for an AC/DC album to avoid it has to be Fly on the Wall. A total crock of shit. Even Malcom Young said so.

As a massive AC/DC fan and seen them live every time they've played the UK since 1981 I'd say Back in Black is a MUST. The whole of If You Want Blood was recorded at the old Glasgow Apollo. For Those About To Rock, Powerage, Dirt Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Highway To Hell should also be in the collection.

If you use newsgroups there's an AC/DC discog floating around with 34 albums in.
Here's a list of them,

1975 - Ac-Dc - High Voltage (Australian)
1975 - Ac-Dc - T.N.T. (Austrailian Version)
1976 - Ac-Dc - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
1976 - Ac-Dc - High Voltage
1977 - Ac-Dc - Let There Be Rock
1978 - Ac-Dc - If You Want Blood You've Got It
1978 - Ac-Dc - Powerage
1979 - Ac-Dc - Highway To Hell
1980 - Ac-Dc - Back In Black
1981 - Ac-Dc - For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)
1983 - Ac-Dc - Flick Of The Switch
1984 - Ac-Dc - '74 Jailbreak
1985 - Ac-Dc - Fly On The Wall
1986 - Ac-Dc - Who Made Who
1988 - Ac-Dc - Blow Up Your Video
1990 - Ac-Dc - The Razors Edge
1992 - Ac-Dc - Live
1995 - Ac-Dc - Ballbreaker
1997 - Ac-Dc - Let There Be Rock - The Movie - Live In Paris
1997 - Ac-Dc - Live From Atlantic Studios
1997 - Ac-Dc - Volts
2000 - Ac-Dc - Bon Scott Rarities