Brazillian Street Artist Doing Justice to Sultans of Swing” By Dire Straits!

Fergalsworld

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Willian Lee – is a music producing artist that roam the streets of Brazil. Most of you might think that his career is unlike others. Upon first sight, you may think that his is not as glittering as the music careers of famous artists. But anyone who has heard his music will not argue that he is anything less than the famous artist you have in mind.

If you’re not a big fan of song covers here in YouTube, this may be the first cover you’d be delighted to hear over and over again.As for the song, there has been many artists and random strangers who have done voice over the song Sultans of Swing of Dire Straits. Many agree that this is probably the best song released by the British rock band Dire Straits. It came out with their self-titled debut album and has taken the band to their lows and great highs ever since.
People first heard the song in 1978, but it’s safe to say that it became a hit in 1979 when it was re-released. Both the UK and USA public embraced Dire Straits because of Sultans of Swing.

Willian Lee, as you can see has perfected playing this song as cover. He is welcomed warmly in every location he has been to when it’s time to play this. What’s even more amazing is that he hasn’t gone through music courses or enrolled in singing colleges to acquire this talent – not even in some vocal training online. He’s able to sing this good through natural talent and experience.Thanks for watching this little cover. Hopefully, it brought you enough fun and joy lasting a few seconds – or more!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think even Mark knopfler would agree this guy can play

Enjoy ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good, but...ok I'm no expert but I'm not convinced his fingering always matches what I'm hearing.

Maybe it's just a synch thing and obviously there's a backing track, but maybe some of our members who do play can put me right.

Sounds good, but...ok I'm no expert but I'm not convinced his fingering always matches what I'm hearing.

Maybe it's just a synch thing and obviously there's a backing track, but maybe some of our members who do play can put me right.

Great minds think alike m8, I was thinking the same thing. I don't think it's a sync issue, too many other things match up perfectly. Still a good vocal rendition though, nice to hear the old track again :)

PS I don't play (guitar) but think I've seen enough 'real' players to spot the difference.....

I just enjoyed it for what it is, it sounded great to me and I have no idea what he was actually playing. Thanks for sharing, love that track.

Personally, I thought it was authentic. Good job.

Could be sync but Knopfler is a 'picker', sometimes known as 'clawhammer' style. It's difficult to emulate with a plectrum alone so this guy looks like he's blended plectrum and picking by using a thumb-pick. He could also have a non-standard tuning although it doesn't look too far away. Extensive use of hammer-on and pull-off would have an effect too.

Personally, I thought it was authentic. Good job.

Could be sync but Knopfler is a 'picker', sometimes known as 'clawhammer' style. It's difficult to emulate with a plectrum alone so this guy looks like he's blended plectrum and picking by using a thumb-pick. He could also have a non-standard tuning although it doesn't look too far away. Extensive use of hammer-on and pull-off would have an effect too.

Good, didn't understand much of that, but at least you seem to know what you're on about.

Maybe @charlie senator could comment.

Yeah he was actually playing that. There was a few bum notes in it mainly at the end but it was an excellent job.
A friend of mine plays in that style and he uses a thumb pick but his nails on his right hand fingers are really long , as i suspect this guys are ,hence the very clean sound.

Yeah he was actually playing that. There was a few bum notes in it mainly at the end but it was an excellent job.
A friend of mine plays in that style and he uses a thumb pick but his nails on his right hand fingers are really long , as i suspect this guys are ,hence the very clean sound.

Thanks charlie. That gets rid of any doubts I had. :)

I have been out tonight with a friend who plays lead and bass guitar in a couple of groups and I mentioned this topic to him
and he said he had seen it and there was no doubt the guy was definitely playing it

Watch him playing backtrack nonsense for some perspective
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back