Looking to purchase a Solo 2 clone - which one should I buy, and from where ?

vatovey

DW Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Currently have a genuine Solo 2 which is awesome :)

I am looking to purchase a Solo 2 clone - was looking for some advice as to which one should I buy, and from where ?

Obviously, am looking to avoid units which have any timebomb, and ideally would like to flash original images, or backup images. (currently running ATV 4.0 with FraggleSly skin).

Cheers, Vaughn.

Hi, I have received a Sunray Solo2 clone today. It is all very new. I have found some channels and it is working. So far so good. I paid $203 inc shipping.

Hi, I have received a Sunray Solo2 clone today. It is all very new. I have found some channels and it is working. So far so good. I paid $203 inc shipping.

did you install a Bouquets of this forum or use the one in vix image

On the box it said to only download from dreamoem.com. It came with BLACK HOLE installed but it wouldn't open fully. (Gui starting..........)
I Downloaded openvix 16 or 17 I cant remember and it is fine. I think that I did a system update through the box and have a later version.
I am sorry if I am a little vague but it is all very new to me.
I hope this helps a little.

Which Solo 2 clones are v3 units ?, as these seem to be the one's to buy...

Mate every Clone coming from China is NOW a V3,but be carefull only buy LONRISUN or a SUNRAY solo2 clone!Stay away from a Dragonworth solo2 clone,as they are V3 but can only work with old drivers!!

Cheers for the advice, much appreciated.

Any recommendations as to where I can get one of the Lonrisun or Sunray v3 from ?

Am UK based.

Here you can order,you get a Sunray or a Lonrisun,so the good ones,and this is it: MYDALLE in front off course WWW. and COM at the end;-)

This is verry cheap especially for UK based

Thanks dirkjan73 :)

Just ordered a Sunray Solo2 with USB-V2.0 Encryption System 1.3GHz CPU Twin S2tuner 128MB Flash /1GB DDR3 DRAM

This would be a v3, right ?

Came to £152.34 (with shipping included), pretty reasonable I think.

Yes...only it is 256MB and not 128MB theire advertise guy is a chipmunk....There are no 128MB solo2 clones.....And Sunray doesnt have V1 V2 or V3,Sunray are able to work with genuine and latest drivers/images ,only for this moment,till VU will do something against it,but there is also a website where u can download images for the sunray solo2 clone

Congrats mate u ordered a awesome box!;-)

On my original box, I am running a UK tailored backup of OpenATV 4.0 (from March 2014), can I assume I should be able to install it as per my genuine box ?

I hope I don't get stung for import duty :(

Thanks again mate, very much appreciated.

At this moment u can install that image on ure sunray...but there is a another threat were you can see that vu brings out new drivers for forthcoming new kernel....so be verry carefull everyone!

Whsts the diffrece between the solo2 clone that was timebombed and the sunray solo2

Back