Where to get your latest backups?

Gun_Man

Inactive User
Reaction score
So after the death of frogstick where do we go now for our latest backups?
Please don't say news groups because every one says that they are so lame. At the moment i am using a torrent site but it has taken 4 days to just down load 30% so i need a new gaming source. So any ideas from you guys?

soryy lol but it has to be said newsgroups 7 gig xbox game in about 1hr 20 mins

im sorry but if your saying newsgroups is lame then your lame, if its someone you know who said its lame then you need to go call them lame and get some subs bought and see for yourself,

dont knock it before you try it, or are we being a total tight arse and not wanting to spend a penny if so stick to what you do now.

hope that helps.

Have to agree news groups are gr8, take a bit of getting used to but once figuered out are the best.

Frenchman

no way is newsgroups lame,
call ya m8 and tell him to FOAD, he knows nowt ;)

what can i say but........nzb newsgroups.

never looked back at torrents.

torrents are good for software that is not so easy to find like programs etc

but for me newsgroups kick ass you can download a xbox game in an hour and a bit, serious pal how can that be lame

for 8 quid a month you could download (backups of your originals of course!!!!!) houndreds i cant be doing the maths im a bit drunk lol

anyway you get the point its not lame pal, you should try it

ngroups aint lame,but a decent torrent site is much much better

i only use ngroups for hd wmv i cant be arsed seeding,

torrents for everything else cos il have downloaded the damn thing at the same speed b4 it shows up on ngroups

but you do need a decent site,none of this public tracker shite

how does rapidshare's availability of xbox games compare to newsgroups?

has to be news groups all the way. extremely fast speeds and no worries about seeding. defintely not lame

how does rapidshare's availability of xbox games compare to newsgroups?

if your on the right forums which has them they generaly pop up just afew newsgroups but they get reported all the time so links die.

newsgroups is always the way i get my stuff

ngroups aint lame,but a decent torrent site is much much better

Private tracker sites are far better than the public ones and availability on torrent sites is definately quicker, but there is no way on earth any tracker site comes close to Usenet.

Private tracker sites are far better than the public ones and availability on torrent sites is definately quicker, but there is no way on earth any tracker site comes close to Usenet.

well well have to disagree there

I've heard it all before mate, never once has it proven true, just looking at the raw protocols is enough rule out any P2P system.

You're pretty much all alone with your claim aswell. ;)

Ok so I have now looked at all the replies and thanks for them lads. Also I have told my mate that he knows nothing cos you according to you lot newsgroups are the koolest thing since sliced bread. Well that is all well and good but none the less I still don't know where to find good back up's. So if news groups are the way forward can some one please list the top 10 so I can check them out and start getting my hands on Spidy three.
Thanks lads

just for you witchy this is what im getting off torrents all the time,please not if i had just one going id be getting 20 meg on it

ive got 3 different private tracker sites and all of them works flawlessly, they max out my speed everytime, also for free.

Back