Where to Buy and what Motor?

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Guys,

I currently have a receiver that can be used with a motor but is currently fixed.

Its about time I changed over to motorised to take advantage of the channel selection and I am not really clued up with what I need.
From what I read the following are the best in terms of dish and LnB -

Gibertini 1M Dish
inverto black ultra lnb

What else do I need, where is the best place to buy and what's the price range I should be aiming for?

Thanks

Is the Octagon Optima LNB better than the inverto black ultra lnb?

Is the Octagon Optima LNB better than the inverto black ultra lnb?

I am about to test one of these shortly for the price roughly the same or slightly cheaper than a black ultra in some places it should with the Gain figure 65db be better than the Black Ultra but only a real world test will confirm this, as manic says the current title holder is the Black Ultra

Thanks for the replies.

Where did you purchase them from?

I am about to test one of these shortly for the price roughly the same or slightly cheaper than a black ultra in some places it should with the Gain figure 65db be better than the Black Ultra but only a real world test will confirm this, as manic says the current title holder is the Black Ultra

merry christmas to you m8 and thanks for my prezzie... lol regards mdt

I purchased my inverto from ebay, my 1m gibertini dish from southern satellite, I use a dark motor.

Can't compare to any others as this is my first setup, its the components I was advised to buy when I was starting out, all good 18+months later.

100cm Gibertini +Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 +Darkmotor = the best set up I have ever had in the last 12 years :thumbsup:

Just to add, a tm2600 motor will also do the job just fine. Like the darkmotor it has metal gears and will actuate upto a 1.2 dish just fine. in fact when I get my lazy arse moving I'm going to try a 1.2m channelmaster fiberglass dish on the tm motor. The dish is ok according to tm's datasheet as its just under the design max weight. My tm motor has been working fine for around a year with a 1m orbital dish. It still runs smooth, quick and is precise using Usals. Regarding dish, a channelmaster 1.2m was at 1time considered to be the dogs danglies. But as you cannot get channelmaster anymore, then now Gibertini 1.2m seems to have taken the crown. I suppose at the end of the day you need ask yourself what do you want? If your not trying to lure in some distant channels like from nilesat, etc then maybe a 1.1m triax will fit your needs and will save you a fair wad. LNB is a no brainer, just buy an inverto black ultra.

Just to add, a tm2600 motor will also do the job just fine. Like the darkmotor it has metal gears and will actuate upto a 1.2 dish just fine. in fact when I get my lazy arse moving I'm going to try a 1.2m channelmaster fiberglass dish on the tm motor. The dish is ok according to tm's datasheet as its just under the design max weight. My tm motor has been working fine for around a year with a 1m orbital dish. It still runs smooth, quick and is precise using Usals. Regarding dish, a channelmaster 1.2m was at 1time considered to be the dogs danglies. But as you cannot get channelmaster anymore, then now Gibertini 1.2m seems to have taken the crown. I suppose at the end of the day you need ask yourself what do you want? If your not trying to lure in some distant channels like from nilesat, etc then maybe a 1.1m triax will fit your needs and will save you a fair wad. LNB is a no brainer, just buy an inverto black ultra.

Sorry to put a damper on your plans for the CM 1.2 but it wont go on any diseqc downfacing stub motor it will fit on the Stab HH120 with supporting adjuster rings as you may have noticed the CM rear mount hole faces down for fixing onto a 3" diameter pole.

MDT can give you a better low down on weight but i have a Gibertini 1.2m and would never run these on a diseqc due to the 27kg approx weight and the CM with its mount is probably not that far behind its a weighty beast alright.

I know the cm won't fit the motor. I thought it would be easier to fabricate a new backplate for the cm that will mate up to the mounting bracket that came with the orbital dish. I've drawn up the backplate I just need to get it fabricated and galvanized and then find a 12' scaf pole as the orbital is ok on 10' just clearing the back fence when going to turksat. The cm needs a longer mast. Also I weighed the cm and its around 17 kg if I remember right. Well inside the spec on tm's spec sheet. I will post pics when I get round to doing this.

I had a satellite installer over today who briefly had a look at my property for where to install the dish.
He said a 1.1m dish might be the best option as there are some tall trees just in front of my back garden.

However he does not know of the make Gibertini or any of the quality branded items.

Do you guys think I should go for a 1.1m Dish or get a 1M Gibertini dish?

Who is the best place to order from so I can have all the kit by Wednesday?

I know the cm won't fit the motor. I thought it would be easier to fabricate a new backplate for the cm that will mate up to the mounting bracket that came with the orbital dish. I've drawn up the backplate I just need to get it fabricated and galvanized and then find a 12' scaf pole as the orbital is ok on 10' just clearing the back fence when going to turksat. The cm needs a longer mast. Also I weighed the cm and its around 17 kg if I remember right. Well inside the spec on tm's spec sheet. I will post pics when I get round to doing this.

I had no idea you where going to make a pre-fab backplate for the CM if it works good for you but putting a 1.2m dish on a TM2600 on a 12' scaff pole is asking for trouble in high winds even my Gibby 1.2 with polar mount and 18" actuator are on a 3" diameter pole and slightly thicker Gauge steel than a Scaff pole with around 65% below height on heavy duty brackets and it holds up well but if i had left it on a Scaff pole no chance they just dont have the rigidity in high winds at least try and source a 3" diameter pole

dont waste your time or money putting a andrew/cm 1.2m dish on a diseqc 1.2 motor... i know from experiance as ive just took my 1.25m gibby down off my stab120 before it destroyed it as they are just to heavy and put too much pressure on the flimsy motors in heavy winds. unless you can source a second hand cm polar mount and jack combo then id say look at the so called superstore as they are doing converted gibby polar mounts for the andrew/cm 1.2m dishes but expect to pay a premium as they are daylight robbers without the masks,regards mdt

Back