where the hell do you put .pst file ?????

waynemcfc

Inactive User
Reaction score
just got a windows 7 laptop and need to move all my .pst files from my old one,the problem is windows 7 uses windows live mail and i cant find where to put them.....................some one help its doing my head in :proud:

Can you not check the data file in your version of office?

Windows live mail does not use PST files. In order to use PST files you need to install MS Office.

yeah oneman is bang on the money..
.pst is a microsoft office outlook backup file .

nothing to do with the crappy windows live email thingy me bob lol
the windows live mail is just an updated(worse in my opinion) version of Outlook Express !

As previously stated a .PST is an MS Office Outlook mail data file, not just used as a backup file, it's the place where Outlook stores the mail it downloads if you use POP mail, if you use IMAP then your emails are stored on the server.

You can import it into Outlook quite simply.

In Outlook 2010 click on the "File" tab then select "open" and then select "import" it will bring a box up the normally has "import from another program or file" highlighted click next then select "outlook data file (.pst)" then browse for your PST file. It will then import all the emails, contacts and folders from that PST file and put them into your current user settings. Don't forget to setup a mail account to import the emails into.

Back