where can i get psu parts?

astra99

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have a eurovox 2 and one of the parts on the psu has blown so i need to get a new psu, but cant find anywhere that sells them,

ive looked on fleabay but the psu's on there are for newer models and my eurovox is quite old,

or could i just replace the part that has blown on the psu and solder a new one in? if so, then where would i buy psu parts from?

i dont have the money to go and buy a new box, i really want to get this one fixed, so any help would be much appreciated :)

ive just replaced a eurovox psu off fleabay and it worked a treat mine,s a eurovox max blue

yeah but not sure what the part is called that i need lol, here is a picture ive circled it, its the big yellow thing in the middle of the psu

How do you know that the transformer is faulty?

Did you test it?

How do you know that the transformer is faulty?

Did you test it?

my son pulled the box from the shelf and the outer casing touched the psu board and blew it,

i have some pictures here of the box,

if you can see under the board where it has gone black is where it touched the outer casing and blew it

I wouldn't expect the transformer to of sufferd, more likely diodes, resistors and/or the i.c. in the primary side of the power supply.

I agree with the previous post, I'd of thought it would be the diodes or etc.
The black mark just looks like solder flux.
I'd try fitting the usual capacitors before spending money on a psu.(5 notes Maplins for the lot).

If you do need a psu, all the boxes are the same output voltages and work correctly, although I haven't done this for a long period only for testing purposes, everything worked fine.

I'm thinking of putting some capacitor kits together and selling them on e bay, id make a ton!!!

If it is your psu that is faulty then that 1 will work fine regardless of what the seller says.

If it is your psu that is faulty then that 1 will work fine regardless of what the seller says.

the guy on fleabay said "It should/would in all the models. only wont work in the first gen which was silver in color"

isnt mine a first gen?

but if ur sure it will work?

Last edited:
its definitely the transformer as ive tried an electrical screw driver on the board and everything has power to it, right up to the transformer but nothing past that

I really don't think it's the transformer, the power supply probably isn't oscillating.

its definitely the transformer as ive tried an electrical screw driver on the board and everything has power to it, right up to the transformer but nothing past that

Just because you get some power to the screwdriver doesn't mean that it's right or wrong, and most likly cause is deffo a bad cap or a rectifier diode.

More likely resistors gone open, check them with a multimeter, brige rectifier diodes going short would of blown the fuse and there would be no power anywhere.

i would say its the i/c on the primary side of the powers supply.....

think its something like sg6848

other than that could be fuse and bridge rectifier,

start up resistor 1.5meg ohm i think it is....supplies around 15v to pin 2 i think of the ic...

by the way if your not used to repairing pcbs ,leave it alone you could give your self a shock or even kill you if its plugged into the mains...

i would look at it for you but , would probably be cheaper just to buy one from ebay.....

Last edited:
thanks for all your replys

ive never repaired one of these before and wouldnt know where to start lol, not without reading up first anyway

I think i will just have to buy that one from fleabay and hope it is the right one!

so thanks again guys

thanks for all your replys

ive never repaired one of these before and wouldnt know where to start lol, not without reading up first anyway

I think i will just have to buy that one from fleabay and hope it is the right one!

so thanks again guys

You may find the white plug is a slightly different mold to yours, if it is you have two options:

1. Trim any X/s mold with a Stanley Knife.

2. Cut all twelve wires and connect the plug from your own box.

Back