Whats the most interesting pet you've had ?

Penners

Inactive User
Reaction score
Basically I am thinking of buying another pet, but would like something a little different.

Currently we have 2 Bengal Cats plus 5 chickens.

To be honest the chickens are boring although I love the eggs lol

I love my cats but would like something a little more challenging / interesting.

I'd love a dog but as the wife and I both work full time it wouldn't be fair in our eyes to own one.

I've thought about snakes/ hedgehogs / lizard’s etc but would love to know people’s personal experiences and what you think is the most interesting pet.

Thanks

snakes, got two of them, we have had a few but stuck with corn snakes, got an anertheurystic motley b (bit like an adder in color) and also a female snow corn (almost white)

easy to keep, costs are minimal, little food, just clean em out every month, with spot cleans in between , handle them regular and your away !!

i think janobi has snakes as well.

snakes, got two of them, we have had a few but stuck with corn snakes, got an anertheurystic motley b (bit like an adder in color) and also a female snow corn (almost white)

easy to keep, costs are minimal, little food, just clean em out every month, with spot cleans in between , handle them regular and your away !!

i think janobi has snakes as well.

I must admit I do like snakes although the wife is not keen lol Never kept snakes before so would be a total nube.

Would have to work on her with them tho. She'd let me keep them in the shed lol but not sure about the house.

1 moutain cat
1 sheep
2 cockatoos
4 dobermans
all down in Oz :)

4 dobermans ? I'd hate to be your post man :)

The wife said she'd like a goat. Don't fancy being nipped in the ass everytime I go out into the garden tho, apparantly goats can get a bit aggressive. Her other ideo was a tortoise :)

Weve got a yellow bellied slider which is quite unusual. Im thinking of getting a vieled chameleon for my 30th next year!

I have a snake aswell he's a columbian rainbow boa, he's about 5 and a half feet long called barry.

Looks like this

hes called a rainbow as when you hold him in the light he has a shimmer of colours to his skin, like oil does you can sorta see in this pic above (barry looks a bit soppier than this snake though, this one looks mean lol)

I've always wanted to keep chickens I think they're great I wouldnt mind a few ducks aswell but I just dont have the land or the ability to keep mr fox out.

I'd love a pig aswell. Basically just a mini farm lol.

Last edited:
We have 4 cats, around 150 tropical fish and 3 chickens.

I don't agree that chickens are boring, our are always interacting with us, and it's good just watching them scrabble around chatting to one another. Plus they give something back in the form of eggs, which actually saves us more than it costs to keep them.

The Mrs loves the cats, but really all they do is eat, piss'n'shit and sleep, but are very loving doing it.

I would love a goat as I love goats milk, but we haven't got the room.

Ferrets are really funny. Keep you on your toes for sure.
Don't just get one though cos they'd probably be quite bored on there own.

I'm 30 next year too :-( was looking at chameleon's a freind of mine had 2 for a year or so but unfortunately they caught some disease and died. They do look fantastic tho.

Veiled or Yeman Chameleon - Chamaeleo calyptratus

Vieled chameleons only live for 4-5 years anyway but look amazing to keep. Ive read up on them and theres a few important things they need.

UVA/UVB light uvb for vitamin d3 so they can metabloise calcium or they get mbd and die.

Heat so you need a basking lamp on a themrostat for the day, and a night basking lamp.

Humidity needs to be 50-60% but they also need lot's of ventilation so somthing like a repti breeze vivarium is ideal.

You can get misters for them which spray the vavarium at intervals and they also drink the water droplets off the leaves.

This is about the perfect setup for one.

YouTube - Chameleons for sale - Screameleons Ultimate Setup Kit although you need a much bigger cage.

I have 3 Chameleons at the minute, 1 Vieled/Yemen (about 2 years old), 1 Nosey Be Panther Chameleon (about 5 months old) and 1 Red Bar Ambilobe Panther Chameleon (about 1 year old). They are amazing animals although they do take a bit of looking after especially when they are younger.

I also have a Royal Ball Python snake (about 15 months old) and have also kept and bred Bearded dragons in the past.

Here's a few pics of them.

img_0110.jpg

img_0112.jpg

red_ba10.jpg

ball_p10.jpg

ive had a snake too, a 4 1/2 foot long royal python ....

very plasid and easy to keep. fed mine chicks and rats ( not alive ) every 1 to 3 weeks...

a very good talking point with visitors as well...

@ MRCOOL that has to be one of if not the nicest vieled chameleons ive ever seen!

Shows how happy and cared for he is according to what ive read. I will be coming to you in feb next year for help and advice. ;)

Back