What's the crack with speed camera detectors these days? Binatone G430

Re: What's the crack with speed camera detectors these days?

right guys, just picked up a Binatone G430 - states that it has win CE 6.0 on it......

If you need IGO or IGO Primo it's on the FTP m8 with a shit load of upto date maps, both navteq and teleatlas, with 3d buildings etc....

As far as I know IGO v8 works on the Binatone G430 but I don't know about Primo v2.

I use Primo v2 on a CE V6.0 unit.

Also you get download up to date speed cam files from a few websites these days, for FREE.

Like most GPS based speed cam databases though they normally rely on use input so you can get lots of false alerts because peeps reporting speed traps that move or are not static.

I have mine set so that it only warns me if I'm over the limit, otherwise it stays quiet.

I've been using IGO on my android phone recently and for some reason the speed cam icons are much better than the ones on my sat nav unit. :)

Right guys, thanks a lot.

I might need a little help here.

I got the primo from Captin, (Thanks a lot mate) and then done the following.

It had a folder called MobileNavigator, so I renamed that to MobileNavigator2.

I then made a new folder called MobileNavigator and then copied the contents of IGO Primo 2.0 to the new folder that I just made.

I then renamed the IGO.exe file to MobileNavigator.exe

Then I copied over the contents folder from IGO and copied it to the root of the drive (pictures below)

When I turn it on it's on the old system still, and then when I go to navigate it says "global_cfg not found"

oh and renamed the original maps folder that you can see to maps OFW, should I have left that?

Cheers

11-05-201215-59-30-1.jpg

11-05-201215-59-49.jpg

11-05-201216-00-09.jpg

have you done this with a memory card ie did you put the primo files on it
as for the global_cfg not found" i had this problem when i was testing primo
on my unit,i had to get another d/load of primo then take the global_cfg
out of that then into to the one i wanted working,if you want il upload the contents
of my memory card for g430 apart from maps (cos it will take ages to upload)then all
you need to do is copy the files from upload and straight onto the memory card,then delete
the saved folder within(as it contains my settings,also it gives a better chance of loading up)
will upload after if you want ??

Thanks mate that's well appreciated.

I did connect via cuteftp and as I had selected the full primo folder I noticed that there was loads of foreign files so as it was downloading the others I was cancelling them, just to save the upload/download of the ftp, maybe I deleted a file some where.

I'll maybe have a look to see if I missed it?

...and no mate, no memory card, I haven't installed one into it yet. ??

p.s so have I done everything correctly with it? renaming files and the like?

Just a thought, I haven't extracted the zip files you know, I bet that's it.....brb

so were you trying to load the primo onto the internal flash
its best if you load the primo onto memory card then that way you
dont fooook up the boot up,i will upload my memory card also it contains a script
that when yuo start the satnav it will boot up into primo instead of binatone

ah yes I was, OK deleted all the files and have it back running stock, Just going to go and dig a memory card out.......then I'll copy it to the memory card?

Cheers matey.

how ironic, I'd just been to the shop looking at them........ha! took a half day's holiday for a ride to the shops for a spy at them and end up getting gunned.

Thanks for the heads up, I guess I need to revisit the drawing board (or the shops!)

Some one's told me about the speed camera cameralert for android, might grab that.

I'd been looking at them sat navs for ages as well, I made quite a few posts on the best ones and which one to buy and then kept putting off and putting off.....

doh.!

Radardroid for Android phones is available on Google Play, or "other" sites ;)

Not sure how reliable Radardroid is, but sounds good.

@Dibbers, try deleting the "sys.txt" file from within your new "mobilenavigator" folder (where you put the primo files).

As fas as I know there are lines in the sys.txt what make it look in specific places for it's files. When you delete the sys.txt file it creates a new one with all the default settings.

You can then add or edit commands to make the program run more smoothly or add features like different voices etc...

There are a lot of command you can add to the sys.txt file, try gpsunderground or mobilepassion there's tons of info on there.

OK tried pal and still nothing.

I deleted that file from the folder on the memory card and it hasn't re-created a new after a restart of the device.

I wonder if I should start again, ? I extracted the contents of them 2 zip files before transferring them over.

This is the contents of the the new MobileNavigator folder.

11-05-201218-20-58.jpg

(p.s probs should really move this to the satnav section rather than general chat as it's turned into a help thread...)

edit: moved to the sat nav section.

EDIT

OK tried and that again, I have been reading that you need to create an ini file which has a line of code in that makes it boot the program that you want. so I created one and called it SHELL.ini and have the following line in it.

\SDMMC\MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe

When it boots it tells me that the device has failed to load and do i want to set it back to factory settings, either selecting yes or no has no affect on it.....

back to you guys......cheers though, appreciated.

Last edited:

woot! thanks mate!

ok what I was doing was putting the memory card into the front of the laptop and then copying the files over, then I've just realsied that when the device is plugged in via the USB cable then the files are all missing (something to do with the windows device maybe) and therefore all the files that I've been copying then have not been showing on the card.

However, I've copied all your files over with the sat nav plugged in and done it that way and it's worked! Yipeeeee.!!!

Thanks a bunch mate. (might have another go with the orginal version that I got when I get home from work today)

I notice in your folder mate you have a "contents" folder and I have one on the "root" of the card.....

Oh and how do I get speed cameras imported onto it now mate. !

Thanks a million for the upload mate, rep left for everyone.!

If you need IGO or IGO Primo it's on the FTP m8 with a shit load of upto date maps, both navteq and teleatlas, with 3d buildings etc....

As far as I know IGO v8 works on the Binatone G430 but I don't know about Primo v2.

I use Primo v2 on a CE V6.0 unit.

Ah that will teach me, just read that back and I grabbed Primo 2 and I should have grabbed "IGO v8" or "IGO-PRIMO" DOH!

Last edited:

glad you got sorted in the end here is the speed cam text place it into the
speedcam folder,take it outside,restart the unit when it gets a gps fix the speedcam should
show up

woot! thanks mate!

ok what I was doing was putting the memory card into the front of the laptop and then copying the files over, then I've just realsied that when the device is plugged in via the USB cable then the files are all missing (something to do with the windows device maybe) and therefore all the files that I've been copying then have not been showing on the card.

However, I've copied all your files over with the sat nav plugged in and done it that way and it's worked! Yipeeeee.!!!

Thanks a bunch mate. (might have another go with the orginal version that I got when I get home from work today)

I notice in your folder mate you have a "contents" folder and I have one on the "root" of the card.....

Oh and how do I get speed cameras imported onto it now mate. !

Thanks a million for the upload mate, rep left for everyone.!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for that bud, top work and thanks again, I'll give it a go tomorrow when I'm bombing down the motorway at 8am!

just out of curiosity, So now I have the .ini file and that kicks in before the device boots??,

I take it I can now put what ever sat nav app I want as long as I point the .ini file to the correct folder, I'm just interested in knowing how it works.

So if there was plenty of room on the internal memory card then you have to rename the existing folder (maybe by adding a one on the end of it), create a new folder by that name (what ever the folder now with the one on the end was called) then rename the new .exe to what ever the existing .exe was and then on reboot that would run.

You see at the minute I haven't renamed the original folder, I didn't have enough space on the internal flash (bit like the dreambox!!) and there fore I have installed a micro SD card, still made a folder with the same name as the original one, and still renamed the .exe file. (but this time on the memory card inside the new sat nav folder)

So on boot it reads the ini file and then boots what ever exe I want? so it actually leaves the original files/folders un-touched and goes off and boots from the folder in the ini?

\SDMMC\MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe

Oh and on a side note the sat nav wasn't recognised in windows XP today, (at work!) and no matter what I tried i could not get it to work. On this laptop (Windows 7) then it boots "windows mobile device centre" and remember copying the files over with an SSD in some sort of USB reader and then copying the files over never worked for me, it's all most as though when it's attached to a PC via the USB cable from the sat nav the files work, via WMDC.

I did go off to some M$ website but it would seem they are discontniuing the service or something........ (how ever when plugged in to windows 7 then it download a version fine, which I thought was a bit confusing)

Any way just some observations in it, apart from the really rubbish OFW then the new stuff is brilliant.

Cheers for your ears.

Dibbs.

Last edited:

when the unit boots up it looks for \nandflash\MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe there is a file in winCE6 which starts
this service,so it boots and finds the shell.ini file and tells it to load igo up,however on primo 2 i got it to boot like this
sdmmc\primo_2\MobileNavigator,ive forgot what size memory card the g430 will take upto,but ive had 4 satnav s/ware
on a 2 gig card using a easy shell,which when its started i could pick which s/ware to run ie igo 1.1,igo8,igo 1.2 and primo2
its a bit complicated to explain how its done,but its easy to do,also you might have to do a hard reset on the unit to make windows see it,(little hole on side use a pin or summat simaler)

edit the ini file must point to whatever the folder called and the exe called

ie sdmmc\MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe or sdmmc\primo1.1\MobileNavigator

Last edited:

I'm with you, thanks then, sounds easy, so what ever software I want to boot (running from a memory card) as long as the new exe is called the same as what ever the original exe was and the ini file points to where it is stored on the memory card, then before it has time to run it's own software it finds the ini, follows it and then runs the new exe....

oh and I could only find a 16 gig Micro SD so it's working on a larger one! :)

(and thanks for the post mate, sent you a PM on the file, hope that was cool...)

Dibbs.

morning, Good news and bad, I managed to get primo2 working - woot woot.. dead easy! looks mint!

I put the speed cam .text file in the speedcam folder and come to work this morning made sure I went thorugh a "fixed 30mph" and woot it fired up and warned me, so then thought I'd have a blast around the area where I know that other static and mobile vans and that are and it hasn't told me or warned me off where they are. (I was running pocketGPS as well on the android and that had warned me)

Any ideas at all peeps?

Thanks

Back