Whats the best place to get 800HD box from

extraspark

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am after a linux based HD box thought about the VU+ Duo but did not want to shell out £375.
Then heard about the DM800HD. Are all of these clones? I am just trying to figure out where the best place to get one from. I saw this site below offering one for £165 but I am not sure about the company. Will that be a clone?

Dreambox 800HD PVR Satellite Box, DM800 HD PVR, dreamobx 800S

Any advice greatly apreciated. Thanks

Anything in the 150 - 220 pounds range will all be clones. All clones are prododuced in China you will generally get best prices by ordering from a China based retailer. Generally Yaoxin and BCT Sheznen are 2 China based sellers with good reputations.

If your buying from the UK, these boxes will cost you more, and will have come from ther same source...Only advantage is support and returns should be easier. If you have a fualt with a Chineese sourced clone you generally have to ship it back to China...and wait 2 weeks to get a replacement.

There is known issues with some clone tuners and glitching on HD channels..in most cases a in line booster seems to help. For the price there is no better alternative...

Original DM800's are around 360 pounds.

Back