VU+ Duo whats happened to the epg ?

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, all of a sudden im not getting any epg, using latest bh 2.0.9 image on genuine box, always saved epg to usb stick along with picons, reformatted usb stick reflashed image bh 2.0.9 back to box, set up epg to download onto usb stick, even changed usb sticks to quality kingston sticks and reformatted, which is mounted, yet it goes through the process of downloadong the epg either with rytec or opentv provders, yet i still get no epg,...normally when saving data onto the usb stick it takes a little time, but now its almost instant, hence it doesnt seem to download the data..any ideas guys ?ta

Last edited:
I just done mine there open tv, rytec everything fine took 5 mins

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

i dont think they will do anything as i remember i tried them ages ago, but i just cant see what im doing wrong, its been working great for ages, ive just installed a fresh bh 2.0.9 image, set up everything as normal as ive done it many times before and even now the epg appears to download, but when saving it does it within a sec, thats not right...

Turned out to be the hardrive...reformatted it and all is wellb

I thought you used USB to store EPG ?

I thought you used USB to store EPG ?
yes i do to store picons and the epg, but i reformatted the usb and put picons back onto it also the crossepg to load to the usb stick, but it was still doing the same think so i thought lets try and download to the hard drive everynight at 4am, it was still not populating the epg when i manually try to download so i reformatted the hard drive, lost all my movies on there, so now ive just let it download to the har drive every morning, just use the usb for picons..lol

I'm struggling to populate the epg in mine - same bh image, can manually download now from rytec but can't get it to populate overnight -

The epg also often doesn't populate the on now program info

I think I've got some other epg overwriting the epg data file perhaps

Also I can't get the epg to show all channels when I press "3"

Hdisk and record are working fine - must be something in the settings -

Any ideas anyone?

I'm struggling to populate the epg in mine - same bh image, can manually download now from rytec but can't get it to populate overnight -

The epg also often doesn't populate the on now program info

I think I've got some other epg overwriting the epg data file perhaps

Also I can't get the epg to show all channels when I press "3"

Hdisk and record are working fine - must be something in the settings -

Any ideas anyone?

Enable OpenTV mate and run a maual download on that to see if that works imo it is more reliable than the Rytec downloads.

I'm tryin to download epg and cannot open cross epg database and crashes any ideas

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

Back