What where you doing 20 years ago today?

I was making my first post on Digital worldz .
I came looking for itv digital codes and forgot to leave 😂 I reckon I have looked at the forum everyday since then.

Here’s to the next 20 years 🍻
Well done mate.

Think is was on that ill fated forum Fhoic not sure how it was spelt looking for similar.

Was doing Seca key files for gold and purple cards with MK and Puc at the time.

Time fly's eh ?

Well done Mick and DW too that is some achievement.

22-23 years old I think mate.

it was right dodgy when it first opened using free hosting sites and losing the data on a weekly basis.
hard to put an exact time on it, I started making a static page in 1999 using html which was about the Philips mobile phones DIGA or something for free credit hacks lol. then I added Playstation I think etc... and then it grew into a forum and here we are.

I come on here daily but I have a mad busy (like everyone) personal life and don't get the time to spend on DW that it deserves, I update the site monthly and do backups every week (automatically daily anyway, but I manually dropbox it weekly to be safe).

My kids will soon be old enough to leave (2 already are lol but won't leave...), and business hopefully quiets down, then I hope to be able to spend much more time like the old days.

Mick

I enrolled on a college course called "totally bewildered by computers" because I was. I remember that the instructor went around the class asking why people had enrolled, "19 people said, because I want to change my job", I was the only one that said " to make sure that I can help my Grandkids with their home work" 3 months later I changed my job. My first involvement with Digi was because I bought a box from a guy at a computer fayre at Trentham Gardens. He told me if it fails that means the card will need re-programming, this can happen once or twice a year, so if that happens send it back to me with a fiver and I will re-program it for you. After a few months it failed, the card then spent more time in an envelope than it did in my box until eventually the guy told me to look on Digiworldz for a tutorial and some codes. Some of the members at the time helped me and the rest as they say is history. I have visited every day since.
I have changed my job 5 times since then.

I enrolled on a college course called "totally bewildered by computers" because I was. I remember that the instructor went around the class asking why people had enrolled, "19 people said, because I want to change my job", I was the only one that said " to make sure that I can help my Grandkids with their home work" 3 months later I changed my job. My first involvement with Digi was because I bought a box from a guy at a computer fayre at Trentham Gardens. He told me if it fails that means the card will need re-programming, this can happen once or twice a year, so if that happens send it back to me with a fiver and I will re-program it for you. After a few months it failed, the card then spent more time in an envelope than it did in my box until eventually the guy told me to look on Digiworldz for a tutorial and some codes. Some of the members at the time helped me and the rest as they say is history. I have visited every day since.
I have changed my job 5 times since then.
Over 18 years membership and not VIP? You seem to have slipped the net langland. :oops:

Twenty years ago I was still reeling from my and my ex partners break up. I left the family home which housed my workshop and gave her the car. I was left in a pretty desperate situation.
I spent a short while labouring for a couple of plasterer mates of mine which soon whipped me into shape. I needed something
Awarded on longevity then?
Amongst other things.......Yeah

Now now fella’s😉
I can’t even quite remember how I stumbled upon this forum but I am very glad I did tbh. I think I had an issue with my computer or something.
I never really got into sat tv but always came back and tried to contribute in other areas if I could.
I think it was @IANB that put me up for Vip which was a nice gesture and to the other members who gave the thumbs up, thank you.
Twenty years ago we were taking our daughter to Disney Land just after 9/11 can’t remember much else tbh but we had an amazing time.
Anyway congratulation’s @IANB on twenty and here’s to the next twenty.

Oh how I miss the On Digital / ITV Digital days, messing with MK Find on v4 and v6 seca cards, then goldcards.

Soon moved onto messing with cable and all nagraedit stuff, before switching to fun and then atmega cards.

I'm only 4 years away from 20 years, where does the time go 🙄.
I was big on dbox2 and cable modems and stumbled across DW and All-forums.

All-forums died a while ago... but DW continues to live on, with some great members.

I was working with a team working on counter measure for kill codes been sent out for original cards that had been unlocked.

Maybe we should have an 'Old Farts' room?
s0403.gif

Back