• 5pm

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • 6pm

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • 7pm

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • 8pm ->

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • What is this 'sober' thing that you refer too?

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I once had a port at the Vicars on St Swithin's Day.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Never or seldom drink

Votes: 28 27.5%

• Total voters

mozr

Banned
Reaction score
As it is plainly obvious, we have a high level of alcoholics on the site.

So, a poll. When do you start drinking?

When I was completely 'alcky' about 14 years ago, I would wake up, and drink lager, and smuggle booze in soft drink containers on buses, in lectures, etc.

I would think nothing of going to buy a cheap bottle of schnapps at 11am, and doing it in the toilet before tutorials.

Now, I sorted my head out years ago, but still drink a lot. As baheed mentioned in another thread, 5pm is when my bar opens too.

No option for never ? Dont drink, unless I am at party or out on special occasion lol

Really, don't drink at home. :)

I went for the vicar option because I don't drink a great deal - weeks can pass between drinks, sometimes months.

I never drink spirits before 7pm or take drugs after 11pm if I'm alone. If I have a lunch meeting I usually drink a bottle of wine.

Thanks for adding the extra choice, however the vicar choice actually mean that, as Hamba understood. :p

Although, it could mean very seldom, so we'll go with that.

Hamba, does your Buddha style wisdom come from years of serving the same old tosspots?

Oh, I was the guy who bought a can of breakers, a bottle of diamond white, and a 'topic'.

I did but it was in the early 70's.

.....when the world was young and beer cost tuppence farthing a pint. ;)

I don't normally drink before 6pm, but I've put in some good shifts in the garden today and I promised myself a stiff G&T when I finished.

There's one sitting by my right hand as I type. :)

Oh, I was the guy who bought a can of breakers, a bottle of diamond white, and a 'topic'.

I was a 5-4-3-2-1 man myself...

<hums 54321 ad while wondering how much of brain capacity is used up with usless shite>

If im going to an away game quite far ( Dundee or inverness ect ) its not unusual for me to be drinking from 9am till about 1am the next day with a break in the middle for the foodball.

Messy days but im only young :)

My problem is that as I get older my body tolerates alcohol less and less. I would probably drink more if it didn't upset my system so much. Oh and there is the other little problem of paying for it, so it's probably just as well.

I do like the occasional whisky and have a bottle handy just in case.

It's a long time since I saw any virtue in getting drunk.

you dont have an option for what day

i usually start on a sturday afternoon and stop when my money runs out :drunk:

and by the time i'v fully recovered it's saturday again :Cheers:

I usually start at 7 on a Sat night and drink till i drop as ive stopped during the week.:Cheers:

I can drink most people under the table when I am out, but the idea of drinking at home just doesn't go well with me, if I have 1 can when at home I cannot drink anymore as I don't feel like it.

Had a crate of Carling for 3 weeks now and only 2 cans have gone

I can drink most people under the table when I am out, but the idea of drinking at home just doesn't go well with me, if I have 1 can when at home I cannot drink anymore as I don't feel like it.

Had a crate of Carling for 3 weeks now and only 2 cans have gone

As you get older and sadder it'll proabb;y start creeping in, it did with me.

I usually start between 6 and 7 pm and finish when I'm fed up fighting with strangers on the Internet.

:)

Depends what shift I am working.

Nights....don't drink during the week.
Lates, start as soon as I get home....like right now........:proud:
Days, dont drink on days as I have to drive the next morning.

Weekends....around 7-8pm start.

Doesn't appeal to me one little bit these days.

When me and the missus first started "courting" we'd be out regularly, but the more steady we got, the less it got. (I'm still talking about booze here, btw!)

Now, having a sister who is an alcoholic, it has even less appeal to me.

The boring, never/rarely/Vicar vote for me.... I'll stick to my fags for now. ;)

Back