What Spider is this and how do I get rid of it?

get the shot gun out and start blasting the shite out of it
but be warned go listen to the toy dolls spiders in the dressing room then think

It aint gonna leave now as its laid its nest of eggs. Actually don't spiders die after laying eggs?
It does seem its more idle then normal...

spiders live a long time they can live up to 4 years and only lay eggs in spring to end of summer but keep them in cool dark places or carry them with them as they go .
the male has nout to do with.
the spiders here are noy a problem they look mad but thats all.
i had 22 spiders ,the wife lost let plot with me but they are dead now had for just over 4and half years.

has any one seen the small silver jumping spider you can feel them bite

:SHOOTING::SHOOTING:jaysus!! all yr replies are making my arachnid fear worse!! lol spiders all bite? i didnt know that !! live for 4 years !!! argh... eating them in our lifetime ewwwwwww xx reckon i'll have mega nightmares now poor me . like the idea of blasting em with a flamethrower thingy to show whos boss tho heheheh , xxx

that is one hell of a spider.

Coming from someone who has an irrational fear of the things - I would have it out the window pronto.

I bought one of these spider vacs from ebay as I was getting annoyed at having to catch spiders every time the wife saw one. She does it herself now :) Don't know how the eggs will cope but might be worth a try.

That is a house spider, if you put it outside, it will come back.

Every house has these, they live behind your skirting, understair cupboards etc. You may not see them but they are there, they would normally come out at night.

The egg sac is a bit worrying though. When the hoards of babies are born, they will attract other creepies who eat them.

I'd have fed it to my oriental toads by now.

That is a house spider, if you put it outside, it will come back.

In my old house we had a spider similar size to this. It strolled accross the carpet like he owned the place. I caught it and put it outside. About 10 minutes later there he was again strolling accross the carpet like he owned the place. I caught him and put him at the end of the drive. About 10 minutes later there he was again strolling accross the carpet like he owned the place. I took a slipper and squashed him. I felt like crap. Although I hate spiders his actions were kind of endearing. Since that day I've not intentionally killed any spider. I always try to catch them and put them out. ( near the neighbours house )

The worst thing at the moment is that since I moved next to a farm with big trees and a stream nearby I'm inundated with the things. Housespiders and these really long thin legged ones ( though these don't frighten the crap outta me half as much as the housespiders )

Think this thread needs a dose of clockspider :)

If you don't want to kill it, just pull 4 of it's legs off.

Best pulling them all off the same side so that they can't travel far, or climb up the water spout to your bedroom.

It would also serve as an amusing plaything for any young children.
They can watch gleefully as Itsy-Bitsy spins round in circles rather than scuttling under furniture :)

I can't even open the full sized picture.......arghhh, fooking hate them.

lol

looks like the fecker that was in my garden today.

found the best way to get rid of them is to spread a small amount of lead pellets around.

a 12 bore shotgun usually does the trick.

looks like the fecker that was in my garden today.

found the best way to get rid of them is to spread a small amount of lead pellets around.

a 12 bore shotgun usually does the trick.

Another good one! You're on fire today:banana:

If you don't want to kill it, just pull 4 of it's legs off.

Best pulling them all off the same side so that they can't travel far, or climb up the water spout to your bedroom.

It would also serve as an amusing plaything for any young children.
They can watch gleefully as Itsy-Bitsy spins round in circles rather than scuttling under furniture :)

Unfortunately, I think spders regrow their legs.

Could dip it in a glass of whisky, let it go and see what happens.

'Torque'

When you're sitting in the living room and you catch sight of one from the corner of your eye going across the floor Don't half make you f--king jump don't it?

I can't rest til I've found it.

That aint a spider !!! thats a feckin horse with eight legs !!! : shocked2

Can I recommend a large tin of your girls hairspray and a lighter !!!!!

Failing that charge it rent !! :banana:

'Torque'

When you're sitting in the living room and you catch sight of one from the corner of your eye going across the floor Don't half make you f--king jump don't it?

I can't rest til I've found it.

Totally, although I try to be manly if the wife is around :)

Also I think spiders know when you've clocked them. They freeze as if to think that "if I stay still that ugly human git won't see me".

some of the replies on here have had me laughing like anything, :Clap:

Back