What Other Sat for good FTA stuff

neorage

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
RIght Father in law decided as he was cutting of sky,

the £80 HD satalite kit from homebase or some where the ever was a good idea.
so he can get his HD (50yr tech freak lol )

now ive told him just to hitch it up to the sky minidish (br in law still has his sub) but ill put the new dish up as well but pointed to a different sat so he can get more vieiwing,

what would be the best sat to point at for good FTA films and documentarys in english.

dish is a 60/80cm iirc so should get good signal on most if not all sats

(and downt worry im gonna eventually show him how sc works, but thats a way down the line yet hes just happy he has a HD box lol)

Good free films and Documentaries on other satellites? :err:

I suppose there are a few, but only if you are multilingual.

**** all really mate, he'd have been better off buying a clone Dreambox 500 and joining a card share server.

Nothing decent is free these days mate - actually that's not true, but you'll find that 99% of 'decent' stuff on other satellites is either encrypted or broadcast in a foreign language.

Good free films and Documentaries on other satellites? :err:

I suppose there are a few, but only if you are multilingual.

**** all really mate, he'd have been better off buying a clone Dreambox 500 and joining a card share server.

Nothing decent is free these days mate - actually that's not true, but you'll find that 99% of 'decent' stuff on other satellites is either encrypted or broadcast in a foreign language.

Whats free then Witchy?

lmao

Johno

1w is free (assuming you can add n2 keys to your receiver) but looks like it aint going to last much longer. If its 80cm dish you should pull that in. Stacks of films, documentary, sport etc on that. Brilliant sat imo.

Depending on how far south you are you may also get 26e badr4 which has the MBC channels and a few others in English which are good but it might be a bit tight given the size of dish.

Best free-to-air in english is on 28 degrees which is the mini-dish. I agree with trying 26e if you can get it with the budget 80cm. Seems effort for little gain though.

yh well you know what boys and there toys are like,,

and well this is one old boy who loves his toys lol

just thought might give summat to play with .. will eventuallt get him sorted with a motorised system.. but just having the HD makes him mappy enough

yh well you know what boys and there toys are like,,

and well this is one old boy who loves his toys lol

just thought might give summat to play with .. will eventuallt get him sorted with a motorised system.. but just having the HD makes him mappy enough

I thought you said your father in law was 50, thats not old !, 90 is old.

I thought you said your father in law was 50, thats not old !, 90 is old.

vvery true

right the box is a Ross hdr 6110 and has usb port for dw updates I'm assuming there may be a hidden menu as well but nnot fully played with it yet . any sssggestiob to where might find a patched fw for it if one exsists

Back