What is your best, ever, favorite Pasta?

astrolab

VIP Member (Resident chef)
Reaction score
Ok.. I'm living outside Europe, from centuries, but time to time, I go back in Italy, where I was born, be involved in Hotel and Restaurant Business from so long, and have been is so many countries in all my life, gave me a taste of every cuisine I found, but still a dish, original from China and became part of Italian and many other Countries preferred food... and not just because I'm Italian, I chose as my first favorite main food the Queen Pasta, my number one is Lasagna, not vegetable but with mince meat(Ragu' sauce and besciamella) ( mince mixed veal is the best) and all of You? ...

I'm always too transfixed on curries and Chinese food and what not, I need to experiment more with Italian.

I plan on making my own pasta soon as it is pretty bloody simple and surely not too much bother... Won't be bothering with the pasta machine though, just roll and slice with a knife.

My favourite Italian TV chef is Antonio Carluccio. His way of cooking emphasises simplicity but good quality ingredients. He made a bolognese a couple of weeks a go on one I was watching (show it on Saturday Kitchen) and he hardly put anything in it, was just (I think): mince beef and pork, pulp tomatoes, tomato pure', and that was about it.... said you can put a tiny bit of garlic in it if you like it...

So yeah, I want his cookbook if you are stuck for getting me anything for my birthday ;)

antonio_carluccio.png

as i said, my pics of EXPLOSIVO link to pasta potatoes and bacon recipe from N.Y times. thanks we really really enjoyed it !!! will be making again
oh. and i had one slice of bread, the rest was ellies .
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Aye,wouldn't be eating that one too often Goldie: pasta, potato, and bread are all carbs; straight to the thighs, lol...

i know we thought it an unusual combo. would never have considered it before
but was worth a try, and yes would only be on occasions. its more of a winter warmer i felt anyway xx
but lovely , as all bad food is lol xx

heinz spaghetti lol .. i hate all that italian crap... i always order steak !

Back