CD & DVD What is DVD-RAM Writer?

geordie_guy

Inactive User
Reaction score
DVDram is more for large storage of DATA, not video. Our server has a ram drive in it that is used for backup purposes. Your +/- ability on this drive means that you can buy cheaper +/- disks (20p each from some places) over more costly RAM disks to record/copy dvd films AND data if needed.

It dosent look too bad for the price. I have recently bought a Lightscribe drive that uses HP lightscribe media. When you burn your disk, you flip it over in the drive and burn an image onto the front of the disk using the lasers in the drive. Stops the need for printing labels and trying to get them to match up to the stickers.

CD-R Media .co.uk - CDR, DVDR, DVD+R and Blank Media

I only payed £25 on ebay with A cake of 25 disks.

D

Dvd-ram is quite handy on dvd recorders (that support them) you can edit the stuff on the disc. Works a bit like a harddrive.

"DVD-RAM is a DVD (optical disc) technology for high-capacity data storage for computers. Like ordinary random access memory (RAM), it can be repeatedly read, written to, and erased. Intended mostly for removeable computer storage, DVD-RAM provides the capabilities of Rewriteable CD (CD-RW) - users can run programs from the discs, copy files to them and rewrite or delete them. However, with a storage capacity of up to 9.4 gigabytes (GB) per double-sided disc, DVD-RAM has many times the capacity of CD-RW.
DVD-RAM discs can be rewritten 100,000 times, 100 times more than either DVD-RW or DVD+RW, the other two rewritable DVD formats. "

searchstorage.com

i have dvd-ram recorder (samsung) for tv and a pioneer 109 dvd writer in pc which can read ram dvd's
as said above its like a hdd system, you can record a program and while its still recording you can start to watch the begining of the program.
dvd-ram discs are more expensive but again as above you shouldnt wear them out they are good for 100000 re-writes

Back