What is a Spiderbox???

AntsUK300

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi people!

This is my first post on this site and something that i'm very alien to!....

A guy i work with has a "Spiderbox" and keeps going on about how good it is and how cheap it is.

I currently have the full Sky HD package including the house phone and the broardband.....

I'm interested in getting one of these Spiderboxes to replace Sky but I have no idea where to start.....

What do i need? How does it work? How much is subscription? Can I install it myself? Do I need a new dish or will it work from my Sky one? Will i still get Sky Movies, Sky Sports, Music Channels, Kids Channels & Documentarties?

Like i say, i have NO idea about this as it is all new to me but any information you guys could give me would be much appreicated!!!!...

Sorry for all the questions!!!!!

Ants :proud:

Ok difficult first post but lets try to answer.

A Spiderbox is a satellite television receiver.
If connected to a small black dish which you see every where it could indeed receive channels from Astra2 many 100's in fact.
It would display what are called "free to air channels", BBC, ITV and so on.
It is straight forward to connect up and use, in it's basic state as described above your could have it working in minutes.
Now I know this does not answer all your questions but I think your friend could well answer any remaining questions you have.

Now I know this does not answer all your questions but I think your friend could well answer any remaining questions you have.

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the speedy replies! I hardly ever see this guy now as he has moved depots inside the company but this "Spiderbox" idea keeps going round in my head and i would like as much information as possible!.....

Thanks again!

Ants.

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the speedy replies! I hardly ever see this guy now as he has moved depots inside the company but this "Spiderbox" idea keeps going round in my head and i would like as much information as possible!.....

Thanks again!

Ants.

I would advise you do do as much research as possible about this box. Members here can not tell you anything about receiving sky other than with a subscription to them. But the answers are out there.

I am sorry but questions on viewing SKY on any but a SKY receiver with a valid subscription are against the forums rules.
Please leave it there.

hi and welcome,i have had my spider 3 weeks, it is great for f.t.a. on 28.2 but to get the real benefit from it you really need a motorised dish of at least 80cm.If you are really interested in a spider you really must read all the stickies in this forum,a spiderbox in my opion is more of a hobby than cheap t.v.

Sorry for mentioning "SKY" on my previous post... Like i say i'm new to this forum and learning! I will have a good read up on this and see what information i can find in the Sticky threads as stated above.

Thanks for the speedy replies onces again gents, much appreciated.

Ants.:proud:

Back