Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What gps receiver for n95 ?

ashbash

Inactive User
Just set up my new nokia n95 up with tom tom6 and I was wondering what gps receiver is best to buy? I have looked at loads and I think I’m more confused now than when I first started. Or I could just be the magners melting the head?
What you all using and what do you think about them? Chapping at the bit to get out and try out my nokia and see how it performs.

i use a Holox BT 321, works good m8. you can get them off Ebay for around £35 i think

I just recently bought a Holux M-1000 on ebay for £28 inc p+p. It will quite happily track eight satellites inside my house, provided I let it get a fix next to the window first!

I just recently bought a Holux M-1000 on ebay for £28 inc p+p. It will quite happily track eight satellites inside my house, provided I let it get a fix next to the window first!

had a look on ebay and i could only see these being sold from the usa and china any chance of passing on your sellers details mate, unless it was just a one off sale from them ?

Holox are very good, the best satellite connection I reckon, I would reccomend it.

EDIT: If you find a UK seller please post his deatails.

It does m8 but dont work with tom tom at the moment. they are workin on a patch to sort it though.

OMG i was planning to get one of these to save having to swop 2 chargers all the time, cant win with nokia lately every symbian phone has some sort of major flaw. The whole bluetooth car kit echo thing is taking way to long to sort too.

Im still using a well old bt-77 on my n70 with tt5 had it years and still works fine.

I have this one "Qstarz Q818 V1.31 Double 32 Ch Bluetooth GPS Receiver " which replaced an old BT sirf star III chipset one and all i can say is wow i get satellite lock within 5 seconds with the Qstar the BT used to take 30 seconds a bit pricey but well worth it.

any will do get one that receives 16 sattelites most it can see at ne1 time is 12 so the cheaper the better

Back