What good is a 7755

digital worldz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just had a clearout of my loft and found my trusty old 7755.

Just wanna ask guys, what good is this receiver now.

Seem to remember a few years back that apparently cs had been activated on it but I got no further with that at the time other than just reading the darman post.

Had a look around the net and read a comment that if you add a t-rex or diablo cam it becomes a different beast. Why is that?

If anyone could elaborate on any of the above it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

'patches' for the 7755 are no longer produced m8, but, firmwares for CAMs are still made, so if you have a programmable cam, you could get a little use out of it but only for channels that use a softcam to open, which isnt really much compared to what it used to be.

if you would need to buy a CAM, youd probably also need to buy a programmer, and by the time the cost of both, along with support for original firmware for the receiver to deal with newer encryptions is taken into account, youd probably be better off going for a newer HD version like the TM5402, which has ethernet connectivity, USB support for PVR, youtube, and more

Thanks for that digi.

As I have been out of the non linux scene for so long I have no idea what is happening with standard TMs. I have seen that you can cs with non linux TMs, if even only as a client. Is that really possible? I take it no with the7755 but the others are possible right.

non linux ethernet enabled TM receivers are the 6800Super, 6900Super, 7100, 5402, 6902 and 7102 and are all capable of being either a CCcam or NewCamD protocol client m8. The xx02 receivers are the newest, complete with 7 day sly EPG, youtube, net radio streamer, Divx/mkv playback, and the 5402 is excellent value

EDIT: christ, i sound like a salesman lol

Christ, a whole new world had opened up!!!

So are there channel lists and stuff too, as I remember having to manually move the channels with the remote was a pain b4, or is that too much to ask?

You can add channel lists VIA usb m8 and I've asked about being able to download directly as well.

Back