what dog should we get?

now they are beautiful dogs !! love them
its just the fur issue, dont like animal fur all over the clothes and furniture , bugs me, silly i know .
aww ... what to do.
still, theres no rush , and getting a pet should never be a spontaneus thing anyway,
its a life long commitment and you want to get it right.

we'll get a pooch of some sorts one day . when i know its the right dawg for me and my needs .xx :thumbsup:

Jesus dont get a lab then they molt like crazy!

If you want a lab that doesnt molt get a labradoodle.

Get a boxer.

Craziest dog in the world but also the best. You've never had a dog till a boxer.
They're great with kids because they are like kids themselves. An absolutely astounding addition.

Don't forget the criteria, small/medium build. Everybody suggesting bigger and bigger dogs, labs/dalmations/boxers are all large dogs. If a staffy is a medium and terriers are small then something between the two. Can't think of a dog off hand that sort of size that doesn't malt except a poodle, so anything crossed with that would be good for the hair side of it.

Don't forget the criteria, small/medium build. Everybody suggesting bigger and bigger dogs, labs/dalmations/boxers are all large dogs. If a staffy is a medium and terriers are small then something between the two. Can't think of a dog off hand that sort of size that doesn't malt except a poodle, so anything crossed with that would be good for the hair side of it.

yes i agree,i love labradors but after speaking to my other half ellie, he things a lab would be too big.
we worry about a dog knockin my mum over, shes 83 and whilst ok on her feet, it wouldnt take much to knock her over,
so yes still thinking of a smaller one.
jack russells seem our fave at mo. but again its the skittishness ( if thats a word) of them,
and they MUST be trained to know they bottom of the pack or they will rule you, which we can do,
we dont want a small pup as cant be asked witrh all toilet training an stuff so want at min, a 6 mothn old. and fine with a rescue, rather have a rescue
we.ve seen a few we like but not hear anything back from our enquiries, also ellie keeps going to staff combos. and i dont really like them,
so we still deliberating . xx

Labradors, poodles, boxers ?
I must have read your post wrong Goldie, I thought you said you wanted doggie about the house and Ellie wanted a stiffy.
I was going to go into Marje Proops mode.
Think I need new glasses !!

Labradors, poodles, boxers ?
I must have read your post wrong Goldie, I thought you said you wanted doggie about the house and Ellie wanted a stiffy.
I was going to go into Marje Proops mode.
Think I need new glasses !!

hahah i think you do too !!! glad you managed to read it properly eventually.
when we can afford it we prob get my all time fave, a westie, i keep coming back to them in my choices
so with any luck, or a jack russell ....mmmm choices choices.... one or the other one day xx

WE GOT ONE !!!!!!!! Got her this morning we calling her sally, shes 9 months old jack russell cross, prob beagle by her colourings
heres her first pictures and yes, i know ellie needs a shave xx

Attachments

• SA4.jpg
    SA4.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 6
  • SA5.jpg
    SA5.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 7
:) she is lovely :)

I was just on the phone to ellie and we had to cut the call short as the dog kept scratching the door lmao

very cute goldie

Little feeker had a pair of my 3D glasses £50 in the bin

Back