What Do You Fancy To Eat

i normaly go for a chicken tikka vindaloo,pilau rice,some garlic naans

i tend to eat half when i get home and the other half il eat the day after

If I'm walking home then it's usually the first take-away I come to.

large lamb (shish) on a tray of donner(dog) mild chilli sauce may wee.

Normally order the house special at the kebab place, lamb and chicken doner with a skewer of each of lamb shish, lamb kofta and chicken shish.

when i was at Uni in leicester there was a small chain of burger shops called 'TJ Burgers' - they did a burger called the 'TJ Special' , 2 half pound burgers, different relishes - i can't remember exactly, but it was the most awesome thing ever.

Happy Days.

Now it's a mixed kebab with garlic - even though by the time i've finished it i'm totally regretting it

when i was at Uni in leicester there was a small chain of burger shops called 'TJ Burgers' - they did a burger called the 'TJ Special' , 2 half pound burgers, different relishes - i can't remember exactly, but it was the most awesome thing ever.

Happy Days.

Now it's a mixed kebab with garlic - even though by the time i've finished it i'm totally regretting it

Must have been a few years ago. TJ's used to be awesome, among the best burgers I've ever tasted.

I'm afraid they're sh*te now. :(

Must have been a few years ago. TJ's used to be awesome, among the best burgers I've ever tasted.

I'm afraid they're sh*te now. :(

don't say it's so :( :( i've always wanted to make a return simply to experience a TJ Special once again!

was 1994 till 1997

There's fast food place in Dundee called the Feasting Fox and they do what's called a steak special.

It includes:

Frying Steak, Onion, Chips and covered in curry sauce!

My other choices would be Donner Kebab or Pepperoni Pizza :)

The Night Star in Wifflet (no loner there)

They done the best oven baked pizzas. I used to get a Ham mushroom and onion stone baked pizza. With a bag of chips and then you tactical covered the pizza with the chips.

Salt and vinegar with either 2 cans of bru or a glass bottle.

Magical

don't say it's so :( :( i've always wanted to make a return simply to experience a TJ Special once again!

was 1994 till 1997

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. They started of in the early nineties I think, with just a couple of outlets, but the more they grew, the more standards fell. The usual story.

Dont know what it is but kebab sauce just tastes sogood when your gargled.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. They started of in the early nineties I think, with just a couple of outlets, but the more they grew, the more standards fell. The usual story.

yeah, about the time we arrived - there was 2. Shame.

although, glad i found another appreciator of the TJ Special ;)

Happy Days.

Are they still going, I remember going there in the 80's as well the McIndians in the town centre opposite the ABC cinema.

Unfortunately, Nara is right. TJ's have really gone downhill since their early days. I've not eat there personally but the amount of people I know that have stopped going there would indicate they've dropped their standards.

Are they still going, I remember going there in the 80's as well the McIndians in the town centre opposite the ABC cinema.

The amount of time McIndians has changed ownership in the last 10+ years is unbeleivable and that, I'm afraid to say, has also led to them not being the best. I remember I used to go there every weekend with the family for a nice munch but now its just become an overpriced takeaway with not so nice food.

you can usually find me hanging off the end of a parmo. heres what wiki says about them incase ya havnt heard of them, the fookin delicious!!!!!!

Parmo or Parmesan is a popular food dish primarily sold in take aways throughout North East England, especially popular in Middlesbrough, where it originated. Its original name was 'Escalope Parmesan' and is made from pork meat or chicken and is served both as a restaurant meal and a take-out snack, often accompanied by chips and a choice of salad, coleslaw or creamed cabbage.

The Parmo was created by Nicos Harris, a chef with the American army in World War II. He was wounded in France but was brought to the United Kingdom to be treated in a British hospital. Eventually, he moved to Middlesbrough and opened a restaurant on Linthorpe Road where he created the Parmo at The American Grill in 1958.

His son-in-law, Caramello, still lives in Teesside and continues the family tradition.[1] The Parmo is somewhat similar to the veal or chicken Parmigiana which is commonly eaten in Italian restaurants across the world.

In 2009, Asda started selling parmos in their shops in Teesside. They claimed they were selling 6,000 chicken parmos a week, making them at the time the shop's fastest selling line. Asda is currently considering selling them in other shops

Last edited:
and by god don't people from boro bang on about them....

got family in smoggy land, and they scran the fookers all the time, they are lush though!

Back