what do i need to build a blackcat jtag cable for use with sb5101e

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all

i'm looking for a list of parts for building the blackcat lead for teh sb5101e, a kind member on here offered to give me a list but i dont want to pester him anymore as he is doing a brilliant job for me he's probs switched his fone off so i cant text him lol!!

i have the schematics but what parts do i need all i know is 5 100 ohm resistors but what else? btw i'm going to maplins tomorrow morning so need to know what to get!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

look in haynes guide m8 under blackcat, they should be list of what u need to get from maplins

SN74LS244N

what is that? and what do i solder it to?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

make a chipless blackcat m8....dont use the chip...more trouble than its worth.

get a lpt socket from maplins and some flat ribbon wire. solder it up as per tuts.
you can just butcher a lpt cable but i think its harder that way.

maplins never had the 10 way ribbon cable but i got the other stuff, what other kinda cable can i use

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

maplins never had the 10 way ribbon cable but i got the other stuff, what other kinda cable can i use

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC
just take a normal ide cable ribbon and strip it down to a 10 way, that should work

maplins sell the 16 cable stuff....just rip off the extra wires m8...you just pull em off,,,,easy.

just take a normal ide cable ribbon and strip it down to a 10 way, that should work

was just gonna ask that lol i'll go and try that now :)

thanks folks

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

its so bloddy hard making this god damn cable lol why cant all modems be flashed via max232!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

lol mate no probs og there in the end lol haha, you done a great job making it :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

just forgot about the list m8 soz lol

this man is a legend he has fixed a few modems that i had lying around needing done, showed me how to solder properly lol and also how to flash 5101e

thanks very much mate i owe u a hell of a lot of favours lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back