What cheap cable box for CS?

byson1984

Member ++
Reaction score
Hey guys I currently have a Vu solo 2 but would like to have mess around with cable but unsure on what cable box to get. Is there any cheap reliable clones around? Thanks

Hey guys I currently have a Vu solo 2 but would like to have mess around with cable but unsure on what cable box to get. Is there any cheap reliable clones around? Thanks

amiko mini t2/cable or a q5 cable box

spend 50 notes more and get a 800se cable for aliexpress , its a far better box and its sat hd comes back its only a tuner change

What version as there is a few on aliexpress. Also were do I get a working image and channel list for the clones 800se. Thanks

What version as there is a few on aliexpress. Also were do I get a working image and channel list for the clones 800se. Thanks

just want one will 2.01 sim . there's images in downloads

remember it's a cable one u want they look and sound the same in there descriptions

Last edited:
why not just get a usb cable tuner and stick it in the solo 2

I am after a cheap solution so can purchase 3 or 4 for family members. Does anyone know if the Q5 is the best budget box?

I am after a cheap solution so can purchase 3 or 4 for family members. Does anyone know if the Q5 is the best budget box?

Best depends on what your looking for... Id consider a slightly higher outlay and get solo or solo se clones, some will disagree but id still rather have an enigma2 box even clone over an Open/s*y box, but that's my personal opinion. But having said that, they will still get the job done.

Could try a cloud ibox 3. Has both sat and cable tuners in. Can run a variety of images including vix and can be got from China for about £67

Hi all am new to the cable side i have a dm 800se can anyone send me in the wright direction on how to flash & what i will need to flash. Do i flash the same way as on the satellite box.
Any help would be more than greatful

Hi all am new to the cable side i have a dm 800se can anyone send me in the wright direction on how to flash & what i will need to flash. Do i flash the same way as on the satellite box.
Any help would be more than greatful

I take it you have a cable tuner fitted then ?

Tell us your sim type as there are a few backup images on here that will help you.

I take it you have a cable tuner fitted then ?

Tell us your sim type as there are a few backup images on here that will help you.

Sorry yes well i hope its a cable tuner i have 2 in puts at the back. One looks like where you can screw in the cable feed & other looks like the tv plug in Arial. is this a cable box?

Thanks Ferret. Will give this a try later today. Aso can you help me with the following questions please.

Do i screw my cable feed from the wall into the screw in part at the back of my box? or do i have to put the other head on the end and put that in the RF one.
What im asking is which lead goes where in the back of the box?
why do i need Ariel cable & which one do i need? is it from box to tv or roof ariel to the back of the box.

Confused with which input i put the cable feed into.

Thanks Ferret. Will give this a try later today. Aso can you help me with the following questions please.

Do i screw my cable feed from the wall into the screw in part at the back of my box? or do i have to put the other head on the end and put that in the RF one.
What im asking is which lead goes where in the back of the box?
why do i need Ariel cable & which one do i need? is it from box to tv or roof ariel to the back of the box.

Confused with which input i put the cable feed into.

There is a in comming feed connection and a loop through you need the input with the thread on it.

There is a in comming feed connection and a loop through you need the input with the thread on it.[/QUOTE

Am i right to say the incoming feed screws straight in
so do/why i need a Arial. and what do you mean by loop?

Sorry to be a pain.

There is a in comming feed connection and a loop through you need the input with the thread on it.[/QUOTE

Am i right to say the incoming feed screws straight in
so do/why i need a Arial. and what do you mean by loop?

Sorry to be a pain.

You dont need a aerial that's a loop through output you can link to another tuner or receiver.

Back