What burners are people using for 360?

lagerlout

Inactive User
Reaction score
What burners have people had success with? Can anyone whos burned a 360 sucessfully post their results?
Been doing a bit of reading and most people are saying to buy a pioneer drive.
I already have a nec3500 and I've flashed it with liggys bitsetting firmware, I'm hoping that this will be ok... Dont really want to burn many coasters when the disks are so dear. Cant test anything yet because I'm still trying to find a compatible sata card to do the firmware. Be very interested to hear what setups other people are using sucessfully/unsucessfuly . Cheers

im useing a pioneer 109, with the pioneer firmware. useing verbatin disks. not one coaster and no need for any boot up tricks. hitachi drive.

stock pioneer111d,any disc i throw at it-no coasters as of yet-2 sammys and 1 hit

You think I'll have to buy a new drive then?

well homerj,a mate of mine was using a nec drive and having some very mixed results,some would boot-some would just sit there and say reading-and pdz booted fine,but gave a dirty disc error at the end of the first level,and since the pioneer110/111 are supreme burners and u can get em for 20 quid,id say yeah get a new one

Ok cheers mate sounds like a good investment :)

am using pioneer 109 with pioneer firmware 1.58. using verb discs and not a coaster yet with this drive

Pioneer A110D with Firmware 1.17, so far I've only used cheap unbranded discs (99p) and I've had 100% success.

I have a pioneer 111D with firmware 1.19 I always use TUFFDISC DVD+R DL and have never had a coaster, I burn them at 2-2.4x with clone cd version 5.2.9.1 I would reccomend these settings.

Flashed my xbox today and tried a disc I burned on a verb my nec 3500. Worked perfectly!! Well chuffed. Will test out some more and see if its reliable or not.

pioneer 109 ( old second hand unit ) no problems with Verbatim or Tuff disks ( mmc dye layer according to dvd encrypter )

Back