What browser do you use?

Whaa, what a coincidence. I've been a stubborn IE user, at home, since the year dot. I've never changed as IE has never really bothered me and out of habit I suppose.

Today I am liberated. I have just switched to Chrome( thank you, yes, thank you). There's a button in the settings which basically imports all of your stuff from IE to it, so no excuses.

IE over the last few months as been so slow, crashes all the time, just grinds to a halt etc, etc, so enough is enough... that's it... adios IE. Hopefully there are some apps to link into it from my Android phone.

Whaa, what a coincidence. I've been a stubborn IE user, at home, since the year dot. I've never changed as IE has never really bothered me and out of habit I suppose.

Today I am liberated. I have just switched to Chrome( thank you, yes, thank you). There's a button in the settings which basically imports all of your stuff from IE to it, so no excuses.

IE over the last few months as been so slow, crashes all the time, just grinds to a halt etc, etc, so enough is enough... that's it... adios IE. Hopefully there are some apps to link into it from my Android phone.

Chrome to phone - sends a link, via a button, straight from the page you are on to your android device

Chromemarks - syncs chrome bookmarks with phone

Get them off applanet :)
Sent from my HTC Hero

Chrome to phone - sends a link, via a button, straight from the page you are on to your android device

Sent from my HTC Hero

Is then an official chrome browser, or any plans for one?

I assume the standard browser is based on chromium.

Sent from my HTC Hero

Aye, being a Google OS and all, LOL :silly:, just thought there would be more Chrome options visual branding... Cheers mate, I'll try out those plugins on the phone anyway...

IE v8.0 here.
Found no probs and does what it says on the tin.
With a good aV and firewall PC is fine.
On a core 2 duo pc with 4gb ram speed is not really a problem. Can wait the extra 0.01 second lol

I'm loving Chrome now and the syncing I have with it and my Android phone now, but I have noticed that I quite often get Flash plug-in has crashed error. Does anyone know why or how to stop it happening...

Restarting the browser or computer seems to sort it out, but rather it didn't happen in the first place.

iv been a firefox man for years now but when i seen this thread and seen a few of you's raving about chrome, i thought id give it a go, and its great, superfast, it imported all my favourites from firefox so it was no hassle setting it up at all, not quite ready to give up totally on firefox, but its heading that way!

have used firefox for ages i like the addins

i use adblock plus, British english dictionary, ie tab2 (for those stubborn sites that only work with ie) and a few others that are addins from apps i use

have used firefox for ages i like the addins

i use adblock plus, British english dictionary, ie tab2 (for those stubborn sites that only work with ie) and a few others that are addins from apps i use

You can get all them on Chrome too mate...

You can get all them on Chrome too mate...

i am sure you can, i did have a brief look at chrome the week it was released and it was ok i then read about some of the things that it was reporting back to google and decided i didnt want google knowing everywhere ive been.

that is not to say mozilla dont do exactly the same with ff.

i dont like google as a search engine either so i was somewhat biased against.

ill see if i can dig out the artical about chrome (not to frighten anybody off) just so you can see the full picture.

Chrome. The new benchmark. Only problem is that as Google grows the more like M$ they become. Money/Profits destroy all good things.

As I create skins/themes for another forum software I use IE8, FF and Opera 11 as sometimes find what looks ok in one browser doesn't in another so have to check looks ok in all those browsers but my main one when just surfing is IE8

Back