what box

anigrev

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a VU +SOLO 2 could someone please give me some advice on this box? Has anyone got this box, and is it as good as I have read? or is there some other box you could recommend, at the moment I have a Solomend full mpeg4.246/avc It is freezing and problem with booting some times which is a pain. Put new software in but it has reoccurred any suggestions please? binning this box!

• nopityA.gif

:Angryfire:Wave::Wave::comp1:

I have the Duo and I was moving over to the Duo 2 once released but I have decided to go for the Solo 2. Only downside is that you can only fit a 2.5 inch HDD and it does not have built in wifi like the Duo 2. No release date as of yet for Duo 2?

I have the Duo and I was moving over to the Duo 2 once released but I have decided to go for the Solo 2. Only downside is that you can only fit a 2.5 inch HDD and it does not have built in wifi like the Duo 2. No release date as of yet for Duo 2?

OK thank you, yes it has a note book hd drive would be more interested in the quality of picture? as some people are saying it is not great? but what are they connecting from solo 2 to TV? as I have a hd tv would be connecting with the HDMI cable supplied, so could you please give me your assessment when you have tested your box? and then I will make up my mind whether to buy or not. there are so many boxes out there it is impossible to decide. Just please some one to give a full assessment with what they have connected Solo 2 to TV and what type of TV full HD or what and quality of pic please.
:nopity: :banana: : homer ::ur the man:

vu+duo.....great box, vu+duo 2 even better, when it comes out but a hefty price...

Vu+ Duo here myself - more than happy with it for the last year, will soon be upgrading to the Vu+ Ultimo with the Advanced dual/Twin tuner, making it 4 tuners. Will be moving the Duo to another room - 6 tuners in total, hopefully no more whingeing from 'er indoors about not having enough equipment to record

i have vu+solo2 it's a very good it's super quick recording is nice time sift is good just like sly+box but better

OK thank you all very much, I will be buying one in the near future. As I will be be buying in € it will be even dearer = 20 percent any one tell me where in the UK is the best retailer to buy from, I have look at many and one so far looks genuine "Digitalworldz" any ideas please would much appreciate it.

just got vu+solo very impressed

Great cant wait to get mine, what image did you use dynt, and what set up have you got to TV from box? please, is your Tv HD and are you pleased with the quality of the picture? Just to help when I get mine thank you!

Great cant wait to get mine, what image did you use dynt, and what set up have you got to TV from box? please, is your Tv HD and are you pleased with the quality of the picture? Just to help when I get mine thank you!

Quality of picture has very little to do with the Solo2 it is more to do with the calibration of your LCD/LED/Plasma Panel, it is a well known fact linux receivers are slightly short of the mark for picture quality as most Linux receivers use the Broadcom based chipset where as a closed source STI/Ali chipset receiver will give a slight improvement.

I would consider a professional calibration on your display when you have the Solo2 to maximise the potential picture quality from the receiver matched to your display

Thank you digi247. OK I have a Samsung plasma HD TV when you say a professional calibration on your display, forgive me what do you mean? internet based chipset? is there a better box for plasma's? I am strongly thinking of buying VU+SOLO2? As I am asking for help I will not waste your time, I will be guided by what you say, and thank you for your reply

Back