What are you having for Christmas dinner?

can never understand the turkey taste............dry and bland

and stuck with turkey sandwiches for the next week

turkey taste is over rated........think we will just have chicken this year

I disguise the turkey flavour and texture with sauces etc.

Turkey on it's own isn't very nice to be honest.

Tinto Hotel for me, the misses, my father, sister and niece. Takes away all the cooking and clearing up. Nice meal followed by some liquid refreshment. Haven't eaten home made at christmass for about 5 years now. Now just to find a designated driver.......hmmm : multi :

Tinto Hotel for me, the misses, my father, sister and niece. Takes away all the cooking and clearing up. Nice meal followed by some liquid refreshment. Haven't eaten home made at christmass for about 5 years now. Now just to find a designated driver.......hmmm : multi :
Had many a great meal (and wedding reception) there.

Does it still have that dopey Golden Lab wandering about the place & the ghost on the stairs? :)

Not been there for 3 years - we have done the local hotel "tour" over the years for christmass. I chose it due to fond memories of it from long ago, quality place if my memory serves me well. I do remember stories of a ghost there thouhg.....wooooooo. Tis ok though as i will most probably be seeing all sorts by then anyway lol.

We have a mixture of Turkey / roast beef and roast ham with Brussels (mandatory whether you like them or not) parsnips ugh ! cauliflower ,carrots etc . usually start with prawn cocktails /soup and pate .Then sherry trifle and xmas pud not that much gets eaten cause were all usually stuffed by then .We are having 14 for dinner this year so that should be interesting trying to get everything ready at the right time lol

Not been there for 3 years - we have done the local hotel "tour" over the years for christmass. I chose it due to fond memories of it from long ago, quality place if my memory serves me well. I do remember stories of a ghost there thouhg.....wooooooo. Tis ok though as i will most probably be seeing all sorts by then anyway lol.

Im sure you will see plenty of spirits boom boom!

can never understand the turkey taste............dry and bland

and stuck with turkey sandwiches for the next week

turkey taste is over rated........think we will just have chicken this year

yeah i'm not much of a turkey fan either but to keep the peace at home, i force myself to eat the dry and bland tasting bird once a year [insert your own joke!!! LOL]

.We are having 14 for dinner this year so that should be interesting trying to get everything ready at the right time lol

OMG!

14 people, do you run a small guest house? :)

The most I've ever cooked for was 7 and that was a complete nightmare, this year we're only having 8.

Aaaaargh!

I really enjoy the traditional Christmas Dinner - Turkey only tastes dry and bland if it's a poor quality bird and not cooked properly.

Back