what am i doing wrong?

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
my brothers psp is on 3.52 M33 he has a 2G memory card, which i formatted in the psp, im copying games to the ISO folder, and when i select memory card it shows the game, but when i try to play it i just get a black screen

i remember these games used to work on my old psp, so im overlooking something simple, can anyone tell me what?

cheers

i also have a psp on original fw 3.90, how would i go about sorting this out?

tia

my brothers psp is on 3.52 M33 he has a 2G memory card, which i formatted in the psp, im copying games to the ISO folder, and when i select memory card it shows the game, but when i try to play it i just get a black screen

i remember these games used to work on my old psp, so im overlooking something simple, can anyone tell me what?

cheers

tia

Not sure about black screen but I am sure the stoogies will know.

As for sorting out the original...see JTHs guide below, you will be able to use your brothers custom firmware psp to create the battery and mem stick, then shove them in the other psp to sort it.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/161247/

Last edited by a moderator:

cheers

tia

blank screen could be firmware issue or no umd in drive
or plugins on ,or confige se file causing bother.
do all games do that ?
which game u trying.
u could try resetting defaults as ur speed of cpu may need changing .
if that dont work go to recovery mode and format flash 1.

its all games m8, ive put ghost rider umd in the drive, and reset everything

i still have the 32M card with the installer on, should i go through it all again?

yep, that works fine m8

i can also see the game on the card, and the whole screen changes to the game screen when i highlight it, then when i go to play it its just a black screen

yep, that works fine m8

i can also see the game on the card, and the whole screen changes to the game screen when i highlight it, then when i go to play it its just a black screen

ok try update of ur firmware first
if ur on 3.52m33 then this will put u on 3.52m33-4 https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2212/

then run this to take u to 3.90m33 https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2118/

just make sure battery is 80% charged and keep power supply in

FORMAR UR CARD IN PSP FIRST

did the first update fine, 2nd one just hangs on

unpacking....done
please wait

think its not enough charge in the battery though, so its on charge again now

can i use the 32M card i have this latest update on to update a PSP thats on 3.90 official f/w then? ive heard about doing something to a battery, i have a spare one here so would i be able to use the 2 together to do any PSP? if so, how do i do whatevers needed to the battery?

tia

dd

you will need a minimum 512 card an u can use disinter
sort the other psp first m8

Last edited:
been on charge overnight now, and tried on a different memory card, but still the same :(

a lot of people have have problems trying to update from 352 to 390
id storage keys corrupt.
switch psp off ,hold the right trigger button in while switching on again
and u will get a menu,go to format flash 1 and press x.
the psp will restart.then try the update again.

a lot of people have have problems trying to update from 352 to 390
id storage keys corrupt.
switch psp off ,hold the right trigger button in while switching on again
and u will get a menu,go to format flash 1 and press x.
the psp will restart.then try the update again.

that did it m8 :)

its updating now

it worked :)

and i followed all the instructions for the pandora battery thing. the last stage just said battery pandorised, is that right?

so now i have a battery with i dont know what on, and a memory card

how would this be used to do a normal PSP m8?

cheers for the help

dd

battery pandorised is correct. you can now do your other psp with that battery and MS.
if you want to turn your battery back to normal. take it out and plug in AC charger. Turn psp on and it will boot to menu. now put your battery in while psp is still on and run Pandora installer for 3xx again. But this time select make battery normal.
You battery will no longer be a pandora battery and work like normal.

it worked :)

and i followed all the instructions for the pandora battery thing. the last stage just said battery pandorised, is that right?

so now i have a battery with i dont know what on, and a memory card

how would this be used to do a normal PSP m8?

cheers for the help

dd

put the card u created with disinter in the other psp then the battery u pandorized
no power lead.
u should get a menu .press x to got to 3.80m33.
wait for it to finish .it will say on screen press x to shut down psp install sucess.
then put the normal battery in and remove card and turn psp on.
go to system settings and see if u have 3.80m33-5.

ok i have the battery and the memory stick that i made with the last psp, i also have a starndar psp on software version 3.95

how do i sort it out please?

cheers

dd

hi mate, if you created it with disinter. put the memory card (made with pandora battery) in the psp first then just insert the pandora battery. psp auto turns on and you will get menu. click X to update the 3.80m33. once all has been flashed psp should turn off / restart and your all done

Back