VU+ Duo what 2nd decoder should I get

DirkyDanglar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just a quick question
I am living in a house that has no freeview signal, I have just installed a VU+DUO and things are all good. My problem is my other TV needs to be fed a signal so what would be best to do
• Buy another freesat box if so what one
• Buy another TV with freesat for basic HD channels and stream my recorded stuff from the VU+ to it when required? If this is a good option any ideas on what TV (40”)
Dirky D

Just a quick question
I am living in a house that has no freeview signal, I have just installed a VU+DUO and things are all good. My problem is my other TV needs to be fed a signal so what would be best to do
• Buy another TV with freesat for basic HD channels and stream my recorded stuff from the VU+ to it when required? If this is a good option any ideas on what TV (40”)
Dirky D

Why not buy something like a icloud mini basically a clone of a vu+ solo and very cheap, install a mutlifeed lnd on your dish and run a cable to your icloud mini on the other TV.

Why not buy something like a icloud mini basically a clone of a vu+ solo and very cheap, install a mutlifeed lnd on your dish and run a cable to your icloud mini on the other TV.

Ferret
I had a look for icloud mini clone and notice that WOS do not offer support for clone boxes. I can see they can be picked up for a good price but are their any images out there for modding them? or will whats installed allow me to view freesat channels and stream from by DUO or PC?

Regards DD

Ferret
I had a look for icloud mini clone and notice that WOS do not offer support for clone boxes. I can see they can be picked up for a good price but are their any images out there for modding them? or will whats installed allow me to view freesat channels and stream from by DUO or PC?

Regards DD

You can run all image upto around six weeks back.

You can run all image upto around six weeks back.

If thats the case I will give the icloud mini a punt, do you know a good supplier or should I just take a stab at one of the ones on ebay

Regards DD

Dear all, as an update I have gone down the route of a new Samsung Freesat TV which I can get all the basic freesat channels on, this is then networked so I can watch stuff that I have got on my PC or the VU+ Duo. It lets me do what I wanted and of course I now have a much better picture

DD

Stay clear of the cloud ibox have already gone through 3 from different suppliers, even ones with fan still overheat.

Theres new VU solo clones now which should be better quality than icloud. The Openbox/Skybox Mino Solo HD.

Stay clear of the cloud ibox have already gone through 3 from different suppliers, even ones with fan still overheat.

Ohh no, just got mine, saying that it's in the freezing garage so hopefully i'll be ok.

They do say to keep them upside down.

Pinkpopgirl

Just a quick question
Dirky D

Hi.
What I found is that if you get either a solo or mini icloud a(as below) you can stream between the box's and view the channels and movies etc. So you won't need another line into that box, but remember if you recording 2 different programs on the Duo, you'll not be able to stream the channel to the other box.

Back