Weird 4010

roisin

Inactive User
Reaction score
Been a while since i've had a go at this lark as I switched to sky a while back but someone asked me to have a look at a box that was stuck on nit.

The box is a 4010 in pure. I removed the jumper to force an update and presto the box booted up. The strange thing is it is running 3_1 software and won't update. The netid is 0021 instead of 00021, frequency and symbol rate are correct. There are no obvious signs of an anti update mod on the board from what I can see.

Does anyone know how I could possibly force an update??

(I have tried 4321 for force and fun net id setter to see if would correct the net id)

Edit
all channels available inc espn etc but doesn't require a pin for films.

Last edited:
near the atty there is small surface mount resister if its been removed then it wont update.
if as u say u r in pure the id is auto set.

Net id is auto setting as you say, gave the fun card method ago just as a last resort, but from what I remember netid should be 5 digits not 4 so its almost right but not quite if ya get me.

Any idea of the resistor I should be looking for i.e a number or something, sorry for asking but don't have another box to compare with. And 1 final question, if this has been removed is it replaceable?

Net id is auto setting as you say, gave the fun card method ago just as a last resort, but from what I remember netid should be 5 digits not 4 so its almost right but not quite if ya get me.

Any idea of the resistor I should be looking for i.e a number or something, sorry for asking but don't have another box to compare with. And 1 final question, if this has been removed is it replaceable?

Take battery and jumper out for 10 mins,,, then try on steam.

Above pin 24 on the ST micro thre should be a small resistor as posted above. If it's not there, it wont update. You can use one from the ethernet port if I remember

Thanks for replies will have a look after work and check that resistor and post feedback

Resistor has been removed as suggested. There are 3 at the network port, will any of these do? Also I was thinking... If I can replace the resistor, let it update to 3.6 and then remove it again to prevent it taking the 3.7 update. Any advice or is this a dumb idea? Reason being the box is running on a fun card and am doing this guy a favour to return a favour but I don't want him to be torturing me everyday to manually insert keys...

Seems to me that Pace will not update anymore regardless of what you attempt. By the way, 4321 will never work on a 4010. Pure boxes, Pace, never were force updatable.
I honestly don't believe you can do anything to change the firmware on your box. I have had a few 4001's which will no longer change from 3_5. Probably because they have not been allotted to subscribers since a certain date, hence the updated software is no longer in stream.

Chookey

Cheers mate, will leave it as it is cuz it is working fine, and i wouldn't be too confident on moving the resistor.

Back