week old box stuck in a reboot loop - help

Yosser2000

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi got me dad a dm800hd pro from mixeshop as i already had one. Not been running a week and now its stuck in a reboot loop.
When booting it gets to flash/vmlinux.gz and then just reboots to the dream multimedia screen and so the cycle repeats.
The tuner (M) seemed to run hotter than mine and i am wondering is it that what is causing the problem?

Any help appreciated, inc the best way to deal with mixeshop (yaoxin) if it needs to go back to get this fixed.

Note i have flashed different images inc different ssl bootloaders.

cheers

Yosser

Last edited:
is there a fan control plugin installed ? make sure its enabled

has you or wout parents installed any skins or plugins that the box dont like to make it bootloop?

I know certain skins can do this

I had one do this b4. Again the box was about a week old but was from different seller. Turned out to be fooked motherboard. I'd say to check sim is in correctly and if ok try to re-flash. If no joy still then contact tony at mixeshop. Their aftersales is very good. Just the hassle you dont need tho really.

I had one do this b4. Again the box was about a week old but was from different seller. Turned out to be fooked motherboard. I'd say to check sim is in correctly and if ok try to re-flash. If no joy still then contact tony at mixeshop. Their aftersales is very good. Just the hassle you dont need tho really.

It reflashes no problem to any image just stuck at the same point and reboots, i will contact tony but ive got a feeling its the tuner, wondering weather or not to take to tuner out of mine and try it in the other box -what you think?

cheers
Yosser

it must be worth swapping the tuner out if you have one there.

Swap the tuners in both boxes and see if your normal box does the same after, that would prove its at fault.

It would be easier to have the tuner replaced than have to return the whole box.

warlord

You really need to try and find out what exactly is the fault as this will make it easier to sort out. Is it the case the mixeshop will insist on having the faulty part back first before they send out a replacement?

I had this behaviour on my dm800 when I attempted a capacitor fix on the L3 tuner. Eventually had to return the original capacitor to the tuner board to resolve it. I'd be inclined to try a working tuner if you can.

just reading this thread 2 years later lol I have just had this problem had to restore bootloader had no joy then replaced tuner and worked

Back