webstar EPC2100, DPC2100 TUT

wattsy1612

Member ++
Reaction score
webstar Finally Hacked at last!!!!!

hey people i have sucsessfully ucapped and changed the mac on a webstar at last yes it is good news i have comiled a tut for ya all hope i make alot of happy people as it has took me nearly 12 months to do this modem i have made it so any problems ask me cheers ladsz have fun wattsy

Last edited:
hey people i have sucsessfully ucapped and changed the mac on a webstar at last yes it is good news i have comiled a tut for ya all hope i make alot of happy people as it has took me nearly 12 months to do this modem i have made it so any problems ask me cheers ladsz have fun wattsy

thanks mate and congratulations....: colors1

only had a few minor problems when ripping this modem apart its so easy aprrently you dot even have to open the modem to chip it but opening it is so much easier than messing with the webstars secret WEB ADMIN PAGE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO UPLOAD A NEW FIRMWARE. but it would mean you would have to make your own firmware from the orgional firmware to do it if any one fancys this info just post and i will put it up for u all cheers again wattsy

only had a few minor problems when ripping this modem apart its so easy aprrently you dot even have to open the modem to chip it but opening it is so much easier than messing with the webstars secret WEB ADMIN PAGE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO UPLOAD A NEW FIRMWARE. but it would mean you would have to make your own firmware from the orgional firmware to do it if any one fancys this info just post and i will put it up for u all cheers again wattsy

yes pls m8, i always enjoy secret pages

seems great, i got a couple of these at a mates

im gona try and see if it works

damn thanks a lot been wanting this tut for some time hehehehe

nice one dude
i believe the term is
A legend in his own time!

finally got round 2 trying this on my epc but unfortunately the result is a bricked modem, but hey it was no good 2 me as it was so what the hell
good work anyway wattsy

How did you brick the modem? all the guide does is tell you how to change mac using the console..........

you've been busy m8 ... great stuff thanks

How did you brick the modem? all the guide does is tell you how to change mac using the console..........

?what ru talking about?
its a firmware flash and mine wouldn't run afterwards

i have flashed five or six of these do all the lights on the modem come on and stay lit if so that modem has a different chipset to most and if u just change the mac u dont need to flash the modem sorry to hear about your modem but its an intermidiate guide and really most people would change the mac and not ur firmware as its easyier and quicker least we know this has been cracked and u r able to change the mac with out flashing the firmware sorry mate but u r unfortunate cheers wattsy

1 light comes on briefly then goes off. forgive me if i read ur tut wrong but i thought i was suppose to flash the 250 firmware onto it. ie firmware flash. i'll re read ur tut when i'm sober.
anyways, not bothered about the modem so no worries
will give u the hardware details tomorrow
regards

can u please tell me wot i need to buy in order to do a sa2100 modem? i have seen the guide but not sure wot i have to buy.

u need a max 232 and a 4 wire console cable if u need a tut on making the cable it can be arranged but u gotta get a max 232 first sorry bout the tut description lol cheers wattsy

got as far as the part where i have to press p but no munu comes up is ther something wrong with modem or do i just wait ?

cheers for any help
yorkie1

got as far as the part where i have to press p but no munu comes up is ther something wrong with modem or do i just wait ?

cheers for any help
yorkie1
r u u getting any text in hyper term

Back