Web TV on TM600

mannachie

Inactive User
Reaction score
I was messing around with different images today and settled on the latest UR one. I noticed in the communications setup page an option to OPEN PORT which links a port for Web TV online. When selected it links an internal port to an external port (whatever that does ???)
Anyhow can anyone please tell me more about this function, does it enable my TM to act as an internet server or is this just to watch TV locally on my PC ??

Mate, I have never got the webX tv to work, so best of luck.
If it does, Please let me know how you did it.
Cheers

Web-X-Tv section of the webui will only work with > VLC 0.8.6i or older and those version of mozilla vlc plugin... not sure why

if you want to watch a channel from your tm600 that's on a local network just

install vlc on the computer you want to watch from
open the TM600 webui.
click the vlc button in webui.
chose to open file with vlc.
click play if it doesn't start.
to change channel you have to stop stream then start it from the vlc button in webui again

you can restart stream again easier by making a file with extension ".m3u"
e.g "TM600.m3u"
then open it with a text editor and enter this line but put in your password/box i.p with out "quotes".
http://root:"boxpassword"@"your.box.i.p"/video.m3u
that just means you don't have to keep opening the webui to restart new stream if you changed channel, just open that file again.

as for the opening port bit i'd guess that uses upnp to open ports in your router to "link" your tm600's streaming ports to your external i.p to enable streaming remotely over internet, you would need at least 10mb/s upload speed for most SD stuff i think.

p.s someone else on here posted the tip about creating .m3u can't remember who it was but thanks :D

Last edited:
Web-X-Tv section of the webui will only work with > VLC 0.8.6i or older and those version of mozilla vlc plugin... not sure why

if you want to watch a channel from your tm600 that's on a local network just

install vlc on the computer you want to watch from
open the TM600 webui.
click the vlc button in webui.
chose to open file with vlc.
click play if it doesn't start.
to change channel you have to stop stream then start it from the vlc button in webui again

you can restart stream again easier by making a file with extension ".m3u"
e.g "TM600.m3u"
then open it with a text editor and enter this line but put in your password/box i.p with out "quotes".

that just means you don't have to keep opening the webui to restart new stream if you changed channel, just open that file again.

as for the opening port bit i'd guess that uses upnp to open ports in your router to "link" your tm600's streaming ports to your external i.p to enable streaming remotely over internet, you would need at least 10mb/s upload speed for most SD stuff i think.

p.s someone else on here posted the tip about creating .m3u can't remember who it was but thanks :D

I don't currently have a password setup on my TM600. How do you go about setting one up so the above will work?

I don't currently have a password setup on my TM600. How do you go about setting one up so the above will work?

Use the TM Linux Loader or use DCC to go into Telnet and type 'passwd' and hit enter. You will then be prompted to enter a new password.
If you haven't set one yet then your login setting will be user - root and password will be blank.

Back