Washing Machine Making a Strange Noise

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
my washing machine is making a really strange noise, i actually thought there was a baby screaming outside, took me a while to realise it was the washing machine. :(

first time i've noticed it, it's on the rinse and spin cycle, any ideas?

edit: ok it's just on spin cycle now and isn't making any noise except the normal one?

Last edited:
Maybe one of the kids had a Banshee in their pocket?

my washing machine is making a really strange noise, i actually thought there was a baby screaming outside, took me a while to realise it was the washing machine. :(

edit: ok it's just on spin cycle now and isn't making any noise except the normal one?

My first bit of advice would be to check that there are no babies in the washing machine!!!!!

My second bit of advice would be to ask someone more sensible than me! :p

did another wash and didn't notice any noise, so whatever it was it seems to be ok now, wonder was it something to do with the load balance, had a couple of big bath towels in it? :err:

Sounds like the belt was slipping Eva,
can happen sometimes if you put on a extra bit more of a load,might need adjusting soon,but leave well enough alone for the time being :)

The centrifugal force stops cats making noises during the spin cycle.

pmsl, that makes absolutely no sense to me Spectre, unless you have been to the pub as well lol

it could also mean the main drum bearing is dry and on its way out too .....

cheap not think so,i use to stock bearings for my old washer cost me e70 as they came as a pair a spare always to hand,if the bearings are going spinning the drum with door open by hand should be noisy and rough,you will also need a waterproof seal to keep water off bearing.heavy machine to move with that heavy weight inside.how old is it.i think dublin is dearer

Back