Want to upgrade image, advice on which one ?

yiddo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a clone HD800 and currently run the DreamEliteBH_DM800_133D2-sim2-ramiMAHER image.

What would be the best upgraded image for me to use ? I 'think' I am using bootloader 76 and with a SIM2 card.

Don't "think", "know"!

Open it and find out for sure. Just be careful. Slide then open gently. If it is sim 2.01, then update bootloader and try Doods/Ferret's PLI backups. Don't forget to remove power cable after flashing has finished.

Last edited:
for me best image especially for working plugins

openpli everything works fine

If it is sim2 there should be a gold sticker under the box stating its a sim2 box.

Agree with the above old clone should run OpenPli .

Thanks guys, it is...

Bootloader 76
Sim 2.01 100%
with L3 tuner

So I flash ssl84b first ? then image ?
Any recommendations for the pli image to use ?

flash with ssl84b then flash this image ? DM800hd openpli 12March2013 by Gjstroom and extras

Bootloader
Reboot
Remove power cable after finished.

Doods or Ferrets backups are ready to go. Perform online update afterwards.

Get to the first point. I have the sim201_ssl84b.nfi, launch it through firefox, click flash and guess what, nothing. nada, rebooted box and computer, nothing, just sits there.

I had forgotten for a while why I hated doing this.

Yeah tried IE, Chrome, chrome portable, Firefox, firefox portable......nothing worked. Booted up lappy and it worked first time. I take it it doesnt like 64bit windows 7 ?

Yeah tried IE, Chrome, chrome portable, Firefox, firefox portable......nothing worked. Booted up lappy and it worked first time. I take it it doesnt like 64bit windows 7 ?

I flash mine using a 64bit machine all the time - it could be the firewall or anti-virus software possibly causing interference?

All seems to be good here.

I like the visuals, looks nice and clean. Only question really so far is how do I collapse the EPG and keep it that way ? i.e. right now under sports section it shows all sports, under movies it shows movies, what I want it to do is let me click on sports first then show the sports and when I come out I have to click on movies section to go in there. It makes it much neater and not a full list of channels that are horrible to track ?

All seems to be good here.

I like the visuals, looks nice and clean. Only question really so far is how do I collapse the EPG and keep it that way ? i.e. right now under sports section it shows all sports, under movies it shows movies, what I want it to do is let me click on sports first then show the sports and when I come out I have to click on movies section to go in there. It makes it much neater and not a full list of channels that are horrible to track ?

you can make your own list,when channels are on screen press menu button on remote for options.. you can move all sports to one bouquet and anything else to that bouquet and so forth... be on a channel to move press menu then add to bouquet and select bouquet to add it to and just keep going till your done.and then move channels up and down in bouquet to where you want them.Yeah Baby

Back