Want to build a pc solely for CCTV cameras and net access to view cams

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
Hi all,

Playing with the idea of building a pc soley for the use of recording my cctv cams... using this card 240fps 8chs Video & Audio CCTV INTEL PCI DVR Card UK on eBay, also, Security Surveillance CCTV, Retail Shop Fitting, Business, Office Industrial (end time 19-Sep-08 19:05:23 BST)

Now id need a pretty big HDD over 200GB id say.... What can you peeps reccommend for me lads and ladies :)

Will be based in a unused cupboard above the stairs in my bedroom, you know the sort.

I want it to have net access so wireless really is a must, pretty good processor to process the cams and not lag... ram ? would i need alot.
Graphics i suppose id need a good one, to show the videos ?

Power supply..?

See I have no idea lol..!

Cheers all.

I would argue that wireless wouldnt be the best to use here - have you considered powerline ethernet instead?

I would argue that wireless wouldnt be the best to use here - have you considered powerline ethernet instead?
can you say why mate please ?

I can move the router upstairs with the modem, and have that plugged into the system... but will be on all the time so would leave network open to hacking would it not ?

Reason I dont really want to put router upstairs is because I have a HP colour laser printer thats plugged into the router so our pc's all print to it.

I can run a network lead to the printer i suppose from upstairs (no viable to move to bedroom as do alot of work late into the night for college and will be uni as well ).

Back