Anyone able to help with NET ID and a couple of other things please???

Pepperami

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hiya guys!!

Ok well yes, im still new and learning, I can write the Funcards and I have the Pace 1000 woking for the channels... like everyone else no Pin stuff as yet.. but who knows whats around the corner eh :)

Now, I need a little help if anyone can help me? Dont know whether links to other places are permitted so for now I wont post a link, but someone MIGHT have found a way to get the Movies back, im sure some of the members here have seen it, but it involves some stuff I dont know about :doh:

On reading up, it involves downgrading the the Pace to an ealier version, so that the pin problem is removed, and then setting it to stay there, so no VM updates can be applied....

I have a Funcard Programmer, the Dynamite, and I *THINK* im ok using it, I managed whether by luck or not to make a working card, but, like everyone else, had the pin problems.

The box itself has had the TB reconnected, and the green light is steady. I also used the TECHNICAL STUFF on the boxes menus to acertain that I also have a valid IP address (I did this when the box was booted up and on how do u access the engineers menu on a Pace 1000??)

The problem I have is that it says in the readme...

1) Make up 2 auto update funcards and set on net id to 41047(c+w)
and one for your net id and mark them with felt pen as such.

Now is there a specfic image firstly I need to use, im in a EX C&W area on the south coast. I dont know whether the card I did is AU or not, so maybe someone could either reply to this with the image I need, or post a link please?

Second problem is... How do I make the NET ID change to 41047, and it then says one for your net id? whats that mean? couldnt understand that bit LOL Am I to assume the box I have will have its own NET ID? If so, how do I find it please?

(2) Now remove jumper off 1000 and boot into engineers menu and
make sure net id is 09999 ..now put jumper back on and insert
the 41047 funcard and box should download the 3.3 software.

Ok... well assuming someone can tell me how to access the engineers menu, I should be ok with this.... but again, one funcard at 41047.. if im correct above about my own NET ID I understand LOL

(3) now if that works ok,power box off and remove jumper and again
boot box and go into engineers menu and again check net id is
09999 .

Ok......

(4) put on jumper again

Ok lol

(5) now disconnect feed from box and insert au funcard (the one
with your net id on) IMPORTANT BIT now when engineers menu
flashes of and goes to black screen REMOVE POWER !!!! this sets the net id to your area and nothing else!!

Ok... so I am assuming I have the second card programmed the same as the first but with MY NET ID on it....

Sorry guys,, for someone just starting off, its a little confusing, im happy to try, I have two Funcards, just want to make sure I fully understand before doing it LOL

Also, what SOFTWARE do I need to do the Net ID, and do I need anything else please?

Sorry for the noobie post guys

Thanks for reading, all help greatly appreciated

Chris

Back