Waninkoko releases CFW for PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
can confirm the patched firmware i made worked perfect on my 40gb phat console. ie wanikoko

I've just bricked one of my spare consoles trying this (launch 60gig console still on OFW) - no biggy for me as it was on its way out again anyway and I have other spares - would defo hold off doing this

Last edited by a moderator:
Reports going about that multiman is working on this CFW and backups are loading.

i think its the 3.41 version mate, ive been looking for info my self but i think i may hold off for the time being, im considering upgrading to 3.55 ofw now their are cfw's coming out i fancy a game of cod.

i think its the 3.41 version mate, ive been looking for info my self but i think i may hold off for the time being, im considering upgrading to 3.55 ofw now their are cfw's coming out i fancy a game of cod.

from what i read its the latest multiman.

also someone posted this but i dont know if it works but might be usefull to some people to try

unbrick your ps3..

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

and this has been posted
I fixed a brick on my 60gb(launch-console) with the 3.50 to 3.41 downgrade-method:

Download this package from any Filehoster.
After unrar the package, put the data inside the “Lv2diag.self FILE 1 folder” to the root of a normal usb-stick.
Take the “PS3UPDAT.PUP” inside “Modified 3.41 PUP” folder, create this folder structure on your usb-stick:
PS3->UPDATE<—and put the "PS3UPDAT.PUP" in this folder.
After finishing all files copied to your usb-stick, shut down your bricked PS3 and put the usb-stick into the rightest usb-port of your playstation-model.
Then start the engines of your black lady…if all goes well, your PS3 stay in Blackscreen, but the flashlights in front of the PS3 are working.
When finished, your PS3 shut down automatically and after start the engines again you are in "Service Mode/ Firmware 3.41".
If you want to go back from service mode to normal mode, then erase all data on the usb-stick and put the data inside the "Lv2diag.self FILE 2 folder" to the root of your usb-stick,shut down PS3, put the usb-stick into the rightest usb-port and start the engines again…after 10-20 seconds your PS3 shut down automatically again.
And now: "Put your hands up in the air", you have succesfully unbrick your PS3-Console…
This method is working great for me!

note ive not done or tested any of this its just info i am picking up and it may help the brickers but then again it might not but it beats looking at a doorstop and having nothing to try.

Last edited:
taken from another forum

I can Confirm Waninkoko CFW runs backups.. multiman working like a charm!!
Just Remember:
1. Update to OFW 3.55. Restart console.
2. Run Recovery mode and install Waninkoko CFW 3.55
3. Boot you PS3 and Enjoy!

Make sure you get the older unsigned 3.41 version, the newest one was for GeoFW

just to add guys i woudlnt risk it, before wanki's cfw wuntang off irc made a patch based off flukes1 effort that he wont release.

its done the proper way with lv1 and lv2 and no bricks. its not working with backups yet as thats down to deank and the backup managers program makers.

but no bricks and its done the right way so its just a case of waiting for the backup managers now with that one.

this was done this morning before this cfw was let out so id presume there on the case now with the bu managers.

safer way and the right way and no bricks, you've held out for years so i cant see a bit ore time being a problem.

oh by the way there have been reports of games bricking the consoles with wanki's cfw so just because you didnt brick updating dont presume your safe.

I think this console is properly bricked - had a quick play at trying to get it into service mode etc but it won't even try and read dev board or usb pen drive

red light just constantly flashes on front of PS3 when you try and turn it on

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
nah!!! just read because you've messed with lv2 your up shit creak non of them will work.

console bricked = doorstop im afraid.

no recovery............................

Yep it is fuxored lol never mind - needed some parts out of one to fix a couple of others anyway . . .

tempted to try this but think i may hold off for a few days at least lol.

im enjoying my new snestation3 too much lol

i think its worth mentioning like Thommo said on the last page some people are getting the cfw installed with no problems and then they are getting bricks whilst playing games imo if i had installed the cfw i would be looking at taking it off now 1 cfw is out there will be 10 before the months out well perhaps not 10 but you get my point.

i think its worth mentioning like Thommo said on the last page some people are getting the cfw installed with no problems and then they are getting bricks whilst playing games imo if i had installed the cfw i would be looking at taking it off now 1 cfw is out there will be 10 before the months out well perhaps not 10 but you get my point.

Totally agree with you and thommo there mate

this isnt worth the risk to me. as said above i have had a quick read and even if you do get the cfw on without bricking , you cant install pkg with (or not all pkg) and the minuet you use a game that has lv2 syscalls a brick occurs

this isnt worth the risk to me. as said above i have had a quick read and even if you do get the cfw on without bricking , you cant install pkg with (or not all pkg) and the minuet you use a game that has lv2 syscalls a brick occurs

didnt this guy even test his firmware? not even just a little bit lol

and remember i said that there was one released this morn by wutang based on flukes work of lv1 and 2, flukes was in the efnet room while it was being done so theres no errors,

we just need a working backup manager now and its good to go time with no bricks.

dont risk wanki's from what i remember he did this with the wii aswell iirc.

Waninkoko is obviously a clever guy but apparently similar bricks have happened with his wii mods before. he does get there in the end by all accounts. its just a matter of how much colatteral damage in the mean time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back